DISH Network Price Change

I had a couple PPV certificates expire and chatted with Dish to see if I could get 'replacements'. They gave 'em no problem... I also asked what "specials" they had and mentioned the Cinemax-for-a-penny deal. The rep said it was no longer offered.

Everyone should note that you get charged the 1 penny for Cinemax at the end of the year, not upfront. There have been several posts that said that they got charged the penny and the next month they got charged full price.......

Absolute Package ?

I have read this entire thread and I am still at a loss. Are not all the people with the Absolute package really getting the shaft here?

If what I have read is what will happen the Absolute sub's go from a $30 a month package to top 200 package and that will be priced at $54.99 a month before the add on fees???

Is this what will happen on Feb 1st if you do not call in? The year of free Starz is nice but it looks to be there way of using smoke and mirrors to keep your eye off the ball for the true pricing bottom line.

And the free HD for life offer, will this be the same as the old Gold package as far as the channels?

So is this what happens to all of us Absolute people?

Thanks!!

Ok so I have:

America's Everything Pak $99.99
HD Solo Receiver $7.00
DVR Service $6.00
HD 250 Free $0.00
HD Platinum $10.00
Service Plan (15/0) $6.00

Monthly Charges $128.99

So as I understand it, I can simply remove the HD Platinum that is $10.00 on Jan 31st and then on Feb 1st it will be automatically added back with no charge for 12 months?

Jay

I think they have already done the audit for the accounts, but the sooner you do it the better if you want the free HD Platinum. Once the audit is done your free gift is chosen.

I know that they dont add the starz free for a year campaign until Feb 1st but I just checked my dishonline account and Im getting starz online.Just thought I would let people know that have a dishonline acct.I get the starz play anyway threw netflix.

I don't see any changes to my account. Can you describe exactly where you see the Starz package showing?

I noticed having Starz online available a few weeks ago, though I didn't subscribe to Starz.

Starz will license (some of) their content to providers for "on demand" or streaming. They do this with Netflix, for example. They likely do it with Dish too (?) and it's independent of subscribing to their package.

I just went to drop the Platinum package, in order to get it free beginning February 1st, but I can't drop it online. The list of my current programming shows I have Americas Everything Pak, HD250 Free and HD Platinum. Under HD Packages HD Platinum is greyed out and so I can't remove it. Any ideas? Might it be locked because they just audited my account related to the February 1st promotion?

Still not greyed out for me. I have it, along with HD250, Cinemax Penny deal, and 2.5 months left on a Starz promo.

I have AEP no Platinum, just checked my account, and Platinum is not grayed out for me. I would guess the same as you, Dish audited the account and set it for free Platinum.

Not sure why HD Platinum was greyed out yesterday, for a short time, but I checked later and it wasn't so I removed it from my account. I now have only AEP with HD250 Free. Will be interesting to see if they add HD Platinum (or what should now be called Dish Platinum) back on February 1st.

Ok let me get this straight, I have Starz and not Encore "A la carta" Movie package but I still have the regular Encore channel that comes on. I'm assuming the "Encore" package is that $5.00/month package in the "A la carta" listing. Now if I wait and shut off Starz monday night the 31st so I don't really lose it, it should come right back on the next day for free for the year gift. Cause I certainly don't want that little $5.00/month Encore movie package and I already have the HD Platinum package. I would turn Starz off now but I don't want to miss out on a few things over the weekend coming on it.

I had AT200, the Starz 3-month and Platinum 3-month. After a service call to discuss getting Encore, I added the Cinemax 1-month and upgraded to AT250. Now, my account shows AT250, Starz 3-month, Platinum 3-month, Cinemax 1-month, and Encore 12-month. Did they give me the 1 year premium early? Doesn't AT250 include Encore??? So, can I drop back to AT200 and keep the 12-month Encore? The CSR said the only way to get Encore Westerns was to upgrade to AT250. The web site seems to show Encore on America Gold, too, but I don't trust that. I'm not sure I trust the CSR that sold me AT250 either, but it is interesting that I have the 12-month promo already.

My plans now are to take off Starz on Monday before the 1st so when the 1st hits if I have it then I'm set..if not I'll call and raise hell that I took it off and didn't get what say friends got when they didn't have it, I'm sure at that point I'll get it with no problems. I don't plan on keeping it after a year free either as I'll drop it and just watch what's on it via Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)