Dish Network Questions From Newbie Member

Donald Sutcliffe

Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
I currently have a SuperDish antenna with (2) Dish 322 dual receivers in my house. I am pleased with Dish network except for the 30 minute lost of signal during a thunderstorm. This prevents me from viewing local weather station radar coverage.
Question 1! Can changing the Dish system antenna or receivers eliminate this problem?

Question2! I am planning to be a Winter Texan this year and want to use one of my Dish 322 receivers with a new Dish antenna. What is the best antenna to buy right now, considering I am planning to upgrade to HDTV in the future? I currently have purchased a Bullseye Antenna Mount for my RV, but I think it is only compatible with Dish 1000 antenna and not the SuperDish.

q 1: no there is nothing you can do about weather fade outs.
Q 2: if you will use a 322 then dish 500 wold be just fine

I currently have a SuperDish antenna with (2) Dish 322 dual receivers in my house. I am pleased with Dish network except for the 30 minute lost of signal during a thunderstorm. This prevents me from viewing local weather station radar coverage.
Question 1! Can changing the Dish system antenna or receivers eliminate this problem?

How about connecting an OTA antenna? I have one and used a splitter so I could connect it right to my TV in addition to my receiver. That way I can switch to it in times like that. It came in handy shortly after I did that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts