DISH NETWORK® INTRODUCES DISCOVERY KIDS EN ESPAÑOL AND DISCOVERY FAMILIA

At least people aren't over-reacting! :rolleyes:
His comment might have been out of line, but racist? Really? I'll call him out for his comment but I would still buy from him (if I were in need of the product).
Foreign language channels brings a lot of $$ to Dish and this allows Dish the cash flow to buy more channels. It is a win/win.

Will the channels be added to current Dish Latino subscribers or only to new ones?

I wanna know what Discovery Familia is all about, DKIDS en Espanol ****s major ass (or at least it did a few years ago when it became a channel for 5 y/os and under 24/7)

Will the channels be added to current Dish Latino subscribers or only to new ones?

I wanna know what Discovery Familia is all about, DKIDS en Espanol ****s major ass (or at least it did a few years ago when it became a channel for 5 y/os and under 24/7)

I got the dish latino bonus pack and I rec it at channel 853 it's the discovey kids in Spanish great for kids! :)

At least people aren't over-reacting! :rolleyes:
His comment might have been out of line, but racist? Really? I'll call him out for his comment but I would still buy from him (if I were in need of the product).
Foreign language channels brings a lot of $$ to Dish and this allows Dish the cash flow to buy more channels. It is a win/win.

Often times people who aren't on the receiving end of racist comments don't recognize them for what they are. It seems as though the people who the comment was directed at took offense, the comment was based on a particular race so the comment is in fact racist.

I'm a white guy and I was offended by Claude's comment. I'm surprised that Claude hasn't taken the opportunity to admit his comment was wrong and apologize to the people he offended. If I was Claude I would not only apologize but I would create a Spanish version of his website to show he meant no harm.

BTW this is a free country and if you want to speak a language other than English you have that right. We should be embracing our multi-cultural differences instead of making polarizing statements.

The channel is already available on channel 853.

Often times people who aren't on the receiving end of racist comments don't recognize them for what they are. It seems as though the people who the comment was directed at took offense, the comment was based on a particular race so the comment is in fact racist.

I'm a white guy and I was offended by Claude's comment. I'm surprised that Claude hasn't taken the opportunity to admit his comment was wrong and apologize to the people he offended. If I was Claude I would not only apologize but I would create a Spanish version of his website to show he meant no harm.

BTW this is a free country and if you want to speak a language other than English you have that right. We should be embracing our multi-cultural differences instead of making polarizing statements.

His comment is not and was not racist. His comment may have been uncalled for and perhaps out of line, but yours is downright ridiculous. He said nothing about a race or deriding a particular race, he was referring to the language. Since when is there only one "race" that speaks Spanish? Man up, grow thicker skin and put the race card away. This is the exact mentality that has caused so many problems of this day and age. Instead of being a man about something and saying something to the guy via PM or however, it is just easier to scream "racism" and then cry, "You do not know how it feels..........."

I embrace multiculturalism and I also understand that my ancestors came to America speaking a different tongue. Guess what they did? They learned to speak English. Why? Because that is what everyone here already spoke. They either had to do so, or were going to have a tough row to hoe.

I do not care what language you speak, however, to sit there and whine and act as if Claude is some insensitive bigot because he does not appreciate bilingual programming like you do goes well beyond asinine, and I am not even going to touch your suggestion that he needs to create a Spanish language site so he can appease some non-existent PC God to show he meant no offense by it.

race

–noun
1.a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.

2.a population so related.

3.Anthropology. a.any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics: no longer in technical use.

b.an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, esp. formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.

c.a human population partially isolated reproductively from other populations, whose members share a greater degree of physical and genetic similarity with one another than with other humans.

4.a group of tribes or peoples forming an ethnic stock: the Slavic race.

5.any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race.

What really surprises me is that not one staff member has made any comments on this issue that is completely racist towards minorities, or shall we say LATINO members.

You know, it's that type of thinking that has slowly been taking away the meaning, and magnitude of the word/accusation "racist'.

My family has been the victim(s) of real racism. Not just being called a nasty name, but physical violence because of the color of their skin.

What Claude said was nothing!

I don't like maple syrup. Am I being racist against Canadians? Or does my dislike of enchiladas make me a racist towards Mexicans?
C'mon man, get a grip on reality. I'm sure you know real racism, and this ain't it.

Not latino but I would love to see some captions in espanol on the regular channels. I'm trying to learn spanish and it would help.

Have a hard time finding channels that actually have even spanish as SAP. Even when it says it is being broadcast on SAP doesn't seem to come thru that often.

Having the latino package would cost me too much on top of everything else.

And to the latinos on this site.

Lo siento por los comentarios groseros de los demás

Not latino but I would love to see some captions in espanol on the regular channels. I'm trying to learn spanish and it would help.

Have a hard time finding channels that actually have even spanish as SAP. Even when it says it is being broadcast on SAP doesn't seem to come thru that often.

Having the latino package would cost me too much on top of everything else.

And to the latinos on this site.

Lo siento por los comentarios groseros de los demás

Nice Spanish golden goose!

I actually was shocked when I read the comment. I was like :eek:.

A spanish channel is what made me get Dish Network. It was all thanks to Telehit.

I totally agree with you.. i added dish network because of Telehit, and De Pelicula... and Tisk Tisk Tisk on Claude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts