Dish network® meets 100 hd channel mark ahead of schedule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® MEETS 100 HD CHANNEL MARK AHEAD OF SCHEDULE; ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF 17 MORE NATIONAL HD CHANNELS

Introduces Industry-First TurboHD, the Only 100% HD Service, Available August 1

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – July 10, 2008 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) today announced plans to launch 17 national HD channels, surpassing its goal of reaching 100 national HD channels five months ahead of schedule.
The new HD channels that will be added are:

· ActionMax HD (DISH Network Ch. 313)
· CBS College Sports HD (Ch. 152)
· Lifetime HD (Ch. 108)
· Lifetime Movie Network HD (Ch. 109)
· Planet Green HD (Ch. 194)
· Encore HD (Ch. 340)
· HBO 2 HD (Ch. 301)
· HBO Comedy HD (Ch. 307)
· HBO Family HD (Ch. 305)
· HBO Latino HD (Ch. 309)
· HBO Signature HD (Ch. 302
· HBO West HD (Ch. 303)
· HBO Zone HD (Ch. 308)
· Starz Comedy HD (Ch. 354)
· Starz Edge HD (Ch. 352)
· Starz Kids & Family HD (Ch. 356)
· Starz West HD (Ch. 351)

“In January, we promised our customers that DISH Network would boost our national HD channel lineup to 100 by year’s end. Today, we are proud to say that in less than one year, not only did we deliver on our commitment, but we exceeded it,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “We continue our pledge to DISH Network subscribers to add more national channels and local HD markets, as well as offer the best sports and movies in HD.”

In addition, DISH Network is thrilled to introduce TurboHD, the first-ever 100 percent, all-HD programming package in the pay-TV industry, with advanced equipment that works on all TVs. TurboHD offers the most-watched HD channels in four separate tiers and can be viewed on analog, digital and high definition TVs, making it the perfect solution for consumers who have or are considering upgrading to HD programming. All TurboHD packages can include HD locals where available.

“TurboHD is revolutionary to the industry; we’re changing the way people watch TV by offering them all of the top channels – in HD only – with the best high-definition systems on the market,” said Jessica Insalaco, Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. “When consumers add HD programming, their viewing habits change – they don’t like to go back to standard definition – so their viewing switches over to all-HD channels. TurboHD will provide the next-generation high-definition television experience by offering only the best in HD programming and award-winning HD technology at incredible prices.”

TurboHD Bronze: $24.99/month or $29.99/month with local channels*

TurboHD Bronze DishDVR Advantage: $34.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver

TurboHD Silver: $32.99/month or $37.99/month with local channels*

TurboHD Silver DishDVR Advantage: $39.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver; Regional Sports Networks where available

TurboHD Gold: $39.99/month or $44.99/month with locals channels*

TurboHD Gold DishDVR Advantage: $49.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver; Regional Sports Networks where available

TurboHD Platinum: $10/month – add TurboHD Platinum to any qualifying package and receive HD channels that do not have corresponding SD channels.

New DISH Network Digital Home Advantage (DHA) subscribers or DHA-24 customers (24-month commitments) who sign-up for America’s Top 100 or higher, DishLATINO or higher, TurboHD Bronze or higher, or a qualifying International programming package will receive $50 off of their first statement and Cinemax for one year for just a penny. New or current DISH Network subscribers who commit to DHA-24 will also receive HBO and Starz free for the first three months of their subscription.

More information will be available at DISH Network -- Home in the coming weeks. The new national HD channels and TurboHD packages are available beginning August 1, 2008.

DISH Network offers new customers the opportunity to upgrade for free to a dishHD DVR receiver like the ViP722™ - which recently received the top-ranking Editors’ Choice awards from both CNET and PC Magazine. The ViP722 is a dual-tuner HD DVR that operates two televisions in separate rooms and offers up to 500 hours of storage capacity allowing customers to pause, rewind and fast forward their favorite TV programming.

For more information on DISH Network, visit DISH Network -- Home or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

*In HD where available

I guess that answers the questions about where HDNet, HDNet Movies, etc. will go.

Yeah, today if you are paying 29.99 with no locals and in order to get the same channels you have to order Turbo Gold (39.99) + Platinum($10.00). Your price just got increased by 66% Great :rolleyes:

It says HD only.:confused: I would think you would get your RSN SD along with the HD feed. Otherwise, people would miss out on a lot of games and other programming from their RSN. And what about the RSN Alternate channels? Still a lot of questions.

This list may be wrong, but looking over the channel listing for HD without SD channels...
  • HD Theater
  • HDNet
  • HDNet Movies
  • MGM
  • MHD
  • NBA
  • NHL
  • Smithsonian
  • Universal
  • WFN
10 channels here...

I hopew this is a case of Dish talking/writing before they think about it.

Were is the 100 national channels. It can not be the RSN they are not national channels and this claim may lead to another ---suit. Dish please be honest or Direct TV and Cable will make you look silly by stating that 30% of your national HD is part time---not real.

I now pay $41 for HD Absolute, now it looks like to maintain all my channels, I'll be going to $59.99. That sucks. For the first time, Directv is now cheaper for me, at least for the first 12 months, to get what I want. Heck, I might even have to give cable a look. Sorry, we are not all made of money.

Folks these new packages are only for folks who signed up for HD the first time. Everyone else will still pay the same for now. Starting next year we will see a price increase.

Were is the 100 national channels. It can not be the RSN they are not national channels and this claim may lead to another ---suit. Dish please be honest or Direct TV and Cable will make you look silly by stating that 30% of your national HD is part time---not real.
On Direct every sub has to option (even though they would have to pay a lot of money) to watch every full time out of market HD RSN 24/7. This option does not exists on Dish for 2 reasons. First, all of the HD RSN's are game only. Second, many of the sports packages that would allow one to view the out of market RSNs do not exist on Dish (even if the RSNs were full time, one would not be able to watch them full time).

So... the pay movie network channels count as National HD channels???
I agree that they should count because they are available to everyone nationally. It doesn't matter if you have to pay extra, that does not take away their "national" availability. So I am with Dish on counting those.

When I signed up for the HD ONLY package +locals. We were told by Charlie in a chat that any new HD channels added this year would be included in the package. Is he renaging on that agreement. I already pay for HBO and Starz. I have HDnet and etc. Are they going to take away those channels from my package or just add $10 to my promised $29.99 package for channels that I already have. Scott, do you have an answer.

Another point. Should the headline read, "Dish network WILL meet 100 hd channel mark ahead of schedule"? "Meets" is present tense. When I read the headline I thought Dish just added a bunch of HD channels.

Nice!!!!!!! We all knew that the HD only packages were going to go up but at least we now know when some national HD is coming.... Will have to wait and see what channels are really part of what package..

DirectTV makes the same claim! AND DID IT FIRST!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)