Dish Network® Outlines Upcoming Hd Launch Schedule

Charlie is such a hoser. He doesn't get it. What people really want is a little national HD to go with the local HD.
Yeah, he's such a hoser he's worth more than 99% of the people on the face of the earth and runs a global corporation.

Woo! What a loser!

:rolleyes:

Yeah, he's such a hoser he's worth more than 99% of the people on the face of the earth and runs a global corporation.

Woo! What a loser!

:rolleyes:

I used to have a little respect for you, but your belittling and condescending attitude is very unbecoming. People should be able to vent here without jackasses jumping down their throat. This site used to be very friendly and I posted frequently in the early years, but its people like you that have turned me into a lurker.

I used to have a little respect for you, but your belittling and condescending attitude is very unbecoming. People should be able to vent here without jackasses jumping down their throat. This site used to be very friendly and I posted frequently in the early years, but its people like you that have turned me into a lurker.
Sorry to hear you say that. The Pub provides a nice private place to vent without turning the entire forum into an outhouse.

Lately the threads in the open forum have devolved into something less than helpful to new Dish users and those who have problems. Those who are looking for answers instead find anger and vitriole with not a clue as to what else could be wrong other than they have subscribed to a sucky company that must run on a shoestring budget with morons for techs and a CEO who only cares about ripping people off and gambling away all the company profits.

I don't find that to be helpful and OCCASIONALLY I feel like there should be a little counterbalance to the insanity. Sorry for expressing my feelings and opinions. I try to be helpful as much as possible and have tried to steer clear of the obvious tantrums but I'm not as successful at ignoring every ridiculous comment as I would like to be.

Thanks for using this thread to address this issue with me and hopefully if I can be of help to you in the future, You won't hesistate to ask and I will be sure to be professional and understanding about your concerns.

Sorry to hear you say that. The Pub provides a nice private place to vent without turning the entire forum into an outhouse.

Lately the threads in the open forum have devolved into something less than helpful to new Dish users and those who have problems. Those who are looking for answers instead find anger and vitriole with not a clue as to what else could be wrong other than they have subscribed to a sucky company that must run on a shoestring budget with morons for techs and a CEO who only cares about ripping people off and gambling away all the company profits.

I don't find that to be helpful and OCCASIONALLY I feel like there should be a little counterbalance to the insanity. Sorry for expressing my feelings and opinions. I try to be helpful as much as possible and have tried to steer clear of the obvious tantrums but I'm not as successful at ignoring every ridiculous comment as I would like to be.

Thanks for using this thread to address this issue with me and hopefully if I can be of help to you in the future, You won't hesistate to ask and I will be sure to be professional and understanding about your concerns.

What you call insanity, icall not too far from the truth...as a company Dish has went down hill quickly...Potential new subs deserve to know that channels they may want , likely won't come in any sort of timely mannor...and that huge numbers of dish subs are highly disatisfied with the path the company is taking right now...

If Dish would just add SciFi HD, at least 90% of the "no new HD" whining would stop around here.

Come on Charlie, make Satelliteguys user friendly again! Turn on SciFi HD! :D

Why is it that Charlie/E* won't turn on SciFi HD? I'm not familiar with the process to broadcast an HD channel. Is it technically difficult?...is there any thing with SciFi HD itself that makes it difficult to braodcast?...does Charlie/E* not think that it is not in demand?

Why is it that Charlie/E* won't turn on SciFi HD? I'm not familiar with the process to broadcast an HD channel. Is it technically difficult?...is there any thing with SciFi HD itself that makes it difficult to braodcast?...does Charlie/E* not think that it is not in demand?

z3540,

I don't believe its a technical hurdle. Its contractual issue. NBC/Universal owns Scifi, USA as well as several other networks. NBC/Universal has the rights to the Summer Olympics. They are spreading out this sports content over a number of their networks. Since NBC/Universal is doing this they are forcing Third Party content carriers (Cable, DirecTV, Dish) into carrying more of their networks. This was suppose to be the stumbling block. Dish is historically frugal in what they will pay for retransmission consent. Charlie Ergen in general will hold out to demand better deals that a lot of other Companies would accept.

It is possible we could see Scifi HD, and USA HD light up this week along with another NBC/Universal Network "Chiller".

John

z3540,

I don't believe its a technical hurdle. Its contractual issue. NBC/Universal owns Scifi, USA as well as several other networks. NBC/Universal has the rights to the Summer Olympics. They are spreading out this sports content over a number of their networks. Since NBC/Universal is doing this they are forcing Third Party content carriers (Cable, DirecTV, Dish) into carrying more of their networks. This was suppose to be the stumbling block. Dish is historically frugal in what they will pay for retransmission consent. Charlie Ergen in general will hold out to demand better deals that a lot of other Companies would accept.

It is possible we could see Scifi HD, and USA HD light up this week along with another NBC/Universal Network "Chiller".

John
What type of programming is on "Chiller" (Scary movies, or Alaska movies)?

This week, yep, my money is on the pigs...

Unfortunately I have very little hope for next week either. This whole rumor thing seems weird. If the inside info was wrong last week and this week again, then why would it be right about next week? It seems like the sources are all bad. The evidence of a delay is sketchy at best. CSR call transcripts? Mysterious memos? Really?

The channels are coming, but this was just another week that those channels weren't on the schedule for activation. For all we know, activation day is in May or June or September. Only Charlie knows. Readers of this forum have been let down week after week since last year.

I also don't think this week's signal turning on briefly was an indicator of imminent activation. It could have been a random technical test of greater dimension than for a single set of channels. Overall satellite capacity testing maybe? Whatever, it proves nothing. It really doesn't.

And it certainly doesn't prove anything about a contract already in place. Dish Network might only have a limited developer license to test Sci-Fi and USA. I work in IT, we receive permission to do development work with vendor software and remote hardware all the time. We don't sign a contract until we're sure it works.

Vent, vent, vent... I feel better now. I want to believe, I really do.

Sorry to sound negative, I'll be checking this site 50,000 times again next Wednesday as usual because it is fun despite the frustration it causes. :)

Last edited:
So how come no happy posts here yet? CNN, SciFi & USA-HD are up! I will say "YIPPEEE!!!" It's something and more coming right around the corner.

(Notice I didn't say SOON).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts