Dish Network Retailer Chat (3/17/05)

Iceberg said:
Now Scott

You didnt put your copyright at the begiinning :)

All text ©2005 www.satelliteguys.us and Scott Greczkowsi
No other use is allowed without prior written permission from Scott Greczkowski
Permission is not granted to distribute, republish or post this text in part or in entirety at any other internet site or location, other than www.satelliteguys.us

If you copy any part of this, Scott will have no choice but to send Iceberg and his tag team partner Tank to your house.

You wouldn't want these 2 at your house, would you? :)

Notice my new sig? :)

you need to put the text in an image and then post the image, then it cant be copied :)

If 625 is same as 522 plus more hard disk space, why would anyone buy/lease 522? Makes more sense to wait for lease options on that. Also, I would expect the price on eBay to go DOWN on 522 and now up. More importantly, will 625 acquire the same issues that 522 currently does? That would be important to know. I want to upgrade from 510 but I am holding out currently. Am I missing something?

the 625 will automatically download dish ppv view movies on the 625's hard drive and create a chapter index and other stuff to make it like a DVD. That's one reason it has a bigger hard drive. Other than that there's no reason to get a 625 over a 522. Perhaps they are now phasing out production of the 522?

Because you the user do not get any more usuable space. That space is reserved for VOD. And VOD only works if you put your receiver in Stand by.

Besides that most if not all the VOD programming will be Pay Per View based, so you not really getting anything more then a 522 anyways.

But I like Pay Per view, tired of waiting the 30 to 60 mins for the next show.

I cant wait to get the 625

I am trying for the 942 and 625 on a lease as a new sub- got a new address, wifes SS#, and new phone #

Does the Dishstore.net (our sponsor) do new subs and the lease program? I want to get them some business.

what about issues that 522 has? You guys think 625 might have those as well?

Also, if it costs the same (or similar) to get 625 and 522, then everyone will go for 625. I guess I shall have to wait and watch for dish's pricing on 625 for second half of my Q.

stone phillips420 said:
will the 625 and 522 share the same software, on dish's site right now it looks as if the 625 is 1 revision ahead of the 522 currently

Nay, I saw stream report, 522 and 625 have different identification and different software spooling for different models.

Yep, they have different software, because the 625 has all those VOD menus and other (a hem- crap)

Scott Greczkowski said:
It appears that the LNB shrouds on the SuperDish are causing problems as bees and wasps are building nest there. Dish Network will be selling PEST STRIPS to put in the shrouds to keep bees away.

I'm guessing that they will not be selling them long once the department of agriculture gets wind of it. You must be a licensed pest control reseller to sell products like that to the public and that's a license in every state which is maintained by update credit's. Maybe they are licensed but I doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts