DISH NETWORK TO OFFER MORE THAN 800 HOURS OF OLYMPICS

Yesterday was very foggy in Beijing, according to The Weather Channel.

Is "foggy" code for smoggy and deadly air quality? :D

Opening Ceremony is still about 1.5 hours away and no NBCU delivered Korean and Mandarin Olympics Channels show up on my 625. Do you have to subscribe to asian-region packages to get those or are those SD channels for every sub?

BTW, I wish DISH would scale down the basketball/soccer for those of us with SD only receivers. I guess I'll get my channels next Olympics when I'll have my HD receiver and one of the Turbo packages.

The soccer games are not played in Bejing, but after seeing some replays last night it appeared the "foggy" issue was location specific. Some of the games were quite clear.

It sucks everyone outside of the US gets to watch the opening live, but we have to be time-delayed for a good 14 hours, and who knows, maybe NBC will devote 1/2 of the time for commercials and 1/4 of the time for their own "human interest stories."

What sucks more is that I won't be getting the opening ceremonies in HD even though I was supposed to have locals over a week ago!

It would be nice if DishHome showed 6 of the olympic channels at the same time, like they did 4 years ago.

Well the E* release that started this thread seems to confirm that unless you opt for the Ultimate Package, you aren't going to see any of the Olympics broadcast on Universal HD. That's not like Dish with the last Olympics, and it sucks!

Yeah, I know I can sign up for the Ultimate Package for 3 months for free. However, you have to officially cancel at the end of the 3 months or it continues indefinitely at $10/month. If you do cancel, it costs you $5 to drop programming.

No wonder Dish is losing subs. I've been with them for 9 years and I'm not happy.

what's the deal with these two extra HD channels called OLMPS(ch 367) and OLMPB(ch 365)? i see unique HD olympic material here but i havn't heard anybody mention these channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts