Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DENVER -- Colorado Attorney General John Suthers announced today that Lone Tree-based DISH Network has agreed to pay $5.99 million to 46 states to settle allegations the satellite television provider and its third-party retailers engaged in unfair and deceptive sales practices.

Read the rest at DISH Network to pay $5.99 million in settlement : News : KXRM FOX 21

WOW!

They will be paying consumers who complained, and if you complain within the next 150 days you could see some settlement money too.

Read the article..................

Will Direct TV sue dish and get free money?? the latest ads from Dish Network opens them up to a law suit from Direct Tv and other cable providers. Dish needs to get rid of its marketing department.

Also Dish needs to spend more money on customer service or run the risk of not being around in five years.

I remember when this case was first discussed, DirecTV had just settled for $7M for a similar do-not-call case, and everyone was saying the DirecTV settlement was at the time the biggest of such cases, and just waited for this E* suit and one would see how many billions they would have to pay.

I guess DirecTV still holds the record then:)

No wonder I do not get any calls from them any more, last time they called me I got up to $300 incentives to signup without any contract, that was some time ago. I later switched to DirecTV. Was hoping them to call me again, oh well:)

Maybe in the next day or so Dish will come up with a new programing update for August 1 that will be clear and to the point.:D

When it rain it pours!!!

I see this and the Tivo thing being the end for Dish or at least the start of the end. I am cancelling next week and going to Directv to get the NFL ST package. Dish Networks ads are horrible and they offer very little different from Directv except less the sports packages. Not to forget metion that Dish changes what they call their packages every few months, hell I don't even know what I subscribe to anymore and my bill is always fluctuating for unknow reasons, too confusing.
I do not want to start any wars or arguments but how can Dish withstand these fines and lossing subscribers?

And DirecTv got slapped with a class action lawsuit today regarding early cancellation charges. Dish is not the sole bad apple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)