Dish Network Upgrades

ricochet913

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Western Virginia
I call dish network to see if they put my locals (Harrisonburg, VA) onto the 61.5 orbital. They tell me that they have done some pretty great upgrades in the past month. Now keep in mind, I have no line of site to the 110 and 119 orbitals. They are coming out to install a dish 500 in order for me to get the locals. Now, what special upgrade to they do in order for me to get locals when i do not have line of site to the orbitals? Can anyone give me some insight?

According to TheList!, the only Harrisonburg locals currently on Dish are on 110 and 119 and they are SD only. Studying the Uplink Report, I see no evidence of HD locals for Harrisonburg on 61.5 or anywhere else for that matter. Does not look promising.

Last edited:
Bad thing is, if HD locals are not "Live" yet and somewhere down the road the go live, you blew your freebie on an upgrade that couldn't happen.

The locals are there...I just do not have line of site to the required orbitals. For some reason, a dish network supervisor said that I can get them. Not sure how.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)