Dish Network Verizon merger ???

This all makes sense due to one Verizon has learned from AT&T that Video is Expense to push and take a lot more equipment set up to get their TV Network up so instead of doing FIOS they can piggy back off of Dish. Just like AT&T saw that its not cheap to offer TV so they slowed down on their U verse TV so they can just use Direct. So overall this adds up it will just be up to Dish to agree but it could be a win win for both parties and a way for both of them to compete with Cable Companies.. Which do Not offer Cell service so the advantage would be with Dish and Verizon heck since I'm on Dish and have Sprint if they offer a good enough of a deal I might think about switching to Verizon. Especially if they offer a Unlimited Data plan like AT&T does if you have Direct TV..

Please share

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!
I checked it out and it costs an extra $10/mo if you don't use autopay, which is new to verizon to charge for. That said, the only reason I won't switch is cuz they won't let me get my 15% government discount on unlimited, saying it's exempt from the discount. I never go over on my data as it is and the rollover helps with busier months, so I'll save what is essentially a $32 bill increase for my 4 lines and keep what I have.

slows speed @ 22gb or 10gb in 1 day

if you use the hotspot thats no issue to acchieve
While they said they may slow speeds, what the finer details say is they will slow you under those circumstances if the tower you are on is under a heavy load. ATT does it the same way and has rarely ever had to throttle under those circumstances. I do think teathering is actually limited to 10gb a month, so not unlimited for that.

The New Verizon Plan was a nice benefit even if you don't need unlimited. My current plan was only 2GB (single, one phone)...with the new plan, I was bumped to 5GB for the same price, kept carryover data, and now the "safety mode" is included at no extra charge.

Top 250, HBO, Movie Pack, Hopper, Two Joeys can be $125 - $130.
The cheapest I can get Top 250 with HBO, Movie pack , 2 Joeys is
$136.73
Thats with $10 autopay credit, $10 HBO, $5 movie pack, and 6% sales tax.

And actually I pay about $155-160 on a 6 room system with Free HBO, $5 movie pack, $5 Cinemax.
And Only the Top200.
Thats including my $25 in credits.

Wonder if the Verizon unlimited deal is a precursor to a Dish merger. You'd need unlimited data if you want to stream Dish Anywhere or Sling TV. This seems similar to what ATT did when they acquired DirectTV, although they require you to have DTV before you can get unlimited data. The plot thickens!!

Reactions: rdjr74 and Troch77
Wonder if the Verizon unlimited deal is a precursor to a Dish merger. You'd need unlimited data if you want to stream Dish Anywhere or Sling TV. This seems similar to what ATT did when they acquired DirectTV, although they require you to have DTV before you can get unlimited data. The plot thickens!!
I think it has more to do with the administration trying to change the net neutrality rules.

I hope it is indeed Verizon. I am paying way too much for technology and perhaps Verizon could bundle things together and make it cheaper. I pay $179 a month for Dish, the exact same every month for cable (which provides tv, land line and internet) and $55 for a Verizon cell service. That is a lot of money every month. The internet service is slow but it is the only game in town out here in the sticks where I live. The tv and phone part of it are bundled so they come as only small fee add on to the internet service. I want to keep Dish because it has channels I want and can't get on my cable (which does not even have CNN in HD yet!). So I am stuck with all these companies and would love Verizon to come in and maybe put packages together that would save me some money.
Except it might make it more expensive for those of us who don't want to bundle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yep apparently Verizon must be banking on some extra Spectrum...

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I just read a headline that VERIZON is in talks to buy YAHOO. So with all this buying deals going on , who still thinks it is DISH they are buying? I just don't see it .

Reactions: pattykay
At the rate we are going with all these mergers/acquisitions, there is eventually going to be a single company that owns everything there is and provides every service that exists. :rolleyes:

I just read a headline that VERIZON is in talks to buy YAHOO. So with all this buying deals going on , who still thinks it is DISH they are buying? I just don't see it .
I don't see what a Yahoo deal has anything to do with Dish?
4.8 billion is a drop in a hat and has nothing to do with a Cable or Satellite merger that could take place.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)