DISH Network/Weather Channel Reach Renewal Agreement

Maybe they could bring back weather plus and call it weather channel local or something like that. As soon as nbc bought the weather channel and kicked weather plus to the curb 6 months later the weather channel became the mtv of weather.

my local station airs something similar to the WeatherPlus they had been running. It's almost like NBC told the affiliates they could keep the WeatherPlus equipment and the datafeed used for the maps/forecasts.

The local weather channel is just missing the "WeatherPlus" wording and missing the national anchor drop-ins (of which I'll miss the tropical/hurricane daily roundup during the hurricane season because it was cool to see the various lows, depressions, storms and hurricanes in both the Atlantic and Pacific and commentary on them).

what remains is the L-bar, the local/state/regional radar, loca, regional and statewide forecasts and current conditions and other maps and the local weather talent drop-ins.

Someday "soon" we are supposed to get an actual "local" weather guess from the Weather Channel on their "soon to be" second channel.

my local station airs something similar to the WeatherPlus they had been running. It's almost like NBC told the affiliates they could keep the WeatherPlus equipment and the datafeed used for the maps/forecasts.
Yup below is what mind looks like, I dont consider it accurate though, a few months ago there was a mjor storm which closed many airports in the northeast and on the east coast and this channel showed all green for its Flight Delays screen.

Attachments

• weatherplus.jpg
    weatherplus.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 223
Ours is a little different in Minneapolis

Its a combination of local weather and Weather Nation (the company that supplied the info to Dish)...the local one is OK but can be outdated. In fact the pic I posted shows the morning guy (thats on at 6AM) with what today is going to be. Well its 4:00 so today is already done ;)

Attachments

• PICT0002 (2).JPG
    PICT0002 (2).JPG
    878.7 KB · Views: 183
Poof, looks like Dish's own version of doing a vanishing act. Say they will replace the channel with another then make it disappear and nope nobody remembers it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)