Dish Network Wins $65 Million Judgment Against Sonicview

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good for putting people out of business, but do these defendants even have assets to actually pay up?

Good for putting people out of business, but do these defendants even have assets to actually pay up?
Don't know. Will note that Viewsat's Jung Kwak became quite wealthy doing much the same as detailed here: VIEWTECH, INC. v. U.S. - Submitted June 7, 2011.*

Sonicview possessed the requisite abject stupidity that others in this game also have demonstrated (and may one day soon regret).

Our good friend Rick Caylor testified in this case as a witness on the defendants side but failed to convince the judge that Sonicview receivers were not designed for satellite piracy. I feel sorry for the guy though as I believe Sonicview was only using him to try and protect themselves legally.

I certainly would have never testified or put my integrity in question for any of these hack box companies. There is absolutely no question of the intended purpose for these products. None of the STBs were hacked by third party companies. These companies paid for the services to enable the theft of service with their STBs. FTA viewers were not their target customer. They were only paying to create demand for their product.

To convince youself otherwise is just sticking your head in the sand. Too bad Rick was played.....

The ironic thing is that my attempts at trying to use Sonicview for legitimate FTA failed miserably even after working with their technical support department. Not having one of the infamous hubs attached to their box caused endless software errors making the box unusable.

I am still using my SV8000. It is a lot better with motor moving than my Viewsat is. I actually like my SV a lot. I pulled the A1 board out because it is worthless to me and it is just an added load to the cheaply made power supply. I have rebuilt the power supply and it is fine. It isn't a bad receiver for FTA considering all the trash units that were available at that time.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts