Dish Network's Charlie ergen in FCC crosshairs over wireless buildout

One day, all of these people predicting Ergen's demise will be right. Of course, they've been predicting it for decades.

Reactions: NYDutch
Look, I could be wrong, but again- billionaires don't bank on "luck." They are deliberate and careful. I'm not a Charlie fan boy. I just don't see somebody of his business acumen throwing away his investment and his own income. Especiallyking on it not at his age.
I think he bit off more than he could chew this time. Trying to come up with 5g from scratch is not an easy trick to start with, even for companies like ATT. I think trying to build it out he should of been working on it a lot sooner than the last year with a deadline in 2020.

I think he bit off more than he could chew this time. Trying to come up with 5g from scratch is not an easy trick to start with, even for companies like ATT. I think trying to build it out he should of been working on it a lot sooner than the last year with a deadline in 2020.

We don't know. Only he knows.

I would guess his problem is that to really make it bang, he needs one of the big carriers as a partner.
And, he is known in the business as someone you don't want to do business with (he wants more than his share of any pie).

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I would guess his problem is that to really make it bang, he needs one of the big carriers as a partner.
And, he is known in the business as someone you don't want to do business with (he wants more than his share of any pie).
But in this case, Charlie has something that they desperately want - spectrum.

Reactions: eddie willers
Knowing Charlie he's hoping for endless delays in development while sitting on the coveted 5g spectrum. May not work this time, however. Would be great for Charlie but bad for consumers especially rural areas if he gets away with it.

Same spectrum Verizon and ATT were bidding on through their shell companies at the same time... so is that actually true?

Perhaps. I wonder how many of the ex-Verizon and ex-AT&T engineers that have been laid of in the past decade he has hired implement his network. There sure are a lot of them. Many went to SE Asia to deploy new networks, but not everyone wants to move overseas, even if temporarily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts