Dish now charges $10 for tech visit to replace broken components?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK, Dish Protection plan, there are 3, actually.

Silver, the 8.99 a month plan reduces a truck roll from $95.00 to $10.00. It also includes Identity Theft Restoration. The hitch in this is that stupid CSR's are very easy to back down and drop the charge, or setup a different work order to get a tech out there for free. The reason I call them stupid is because Dish is pushing us to sell/upgrade these 3 protection plans. It's soon to be a metric and it's tough to sell a reduced truck roll fee when the Filipinos are giving people a free truck roll and many times an unneeded TC on the last tech which is another metric. It's Frustrating. I get people don't think they should have to pay when equipment goes bad but it costs MONEY to get a tech to you and to use equipment to replace it. Maybe if the CSR's stopped giving truck rolls away for free and People stopped expecting to get someone out there for free, monthly rates wouldn't be going up. I'd gladly pay 10 bucks to keep my bill down AND get my system swept from end to end and any problems fixed

The Gold Plan, $13.99 a month, which includes the above, PLUS Identity Theft monitoring and Protection. You get a Dashboard to use to upload any info you want protected, names, CC numbers, emails, Phone, Social Security numbers, etc.,. It also includes a subscription to Web Root internet Security for free. AND most important, it gives you the Tech Adviser App which lets you call an AMERICAN Tech Support agent, not Customer Service who with your permission can remote connect to your phone to use the app and camera to "see" the problems you have, talk you through steps to fix issues and this covers ALL connected devices in your house. Meaning, you have Problems with the Echo Dot? Use Tech Advisor. Router not working on the Hopper? Call Tech Advisor, etc. I saw the training on this and I was blown away.

The Platinum Plan, $24.99 a month includes all the above PLUS Asurion Warranties on ALL your electronics, except phones and Tube and Plasma TV's. Means when you go buy that new 72" UHD HDR TV, you don't have to buy the $250.00 extended Warranty they try to shove down your throat at Best Buy.

25 bucks a month to get a $10.00 tech visit, Identity theft monitoring, protection and Restoration, possibly the best Internet Security - uses the least amount of resources and uses cloud based push updates, warranties on all your electronics and you NEVER have to call a Dish CSR or an misinformed, ill trained, non English speaking person in the Philippines again.

/Rant

OK, Dish Protection plan, there are 3, actually.

Silver, the 8.99 a month plan reduces a truck roll from $95.00 to $10.00. It also includes Identity Theft Restoration. The hitch in this is that stupid CSR's are very easy to back down and drop the charge, or setup a different work order to get a tech out there for free. The reason I call them stupid is because Dish is pushing us to sell/upgrade these 3 protection plans. It's soon to be a metric and it's tough to sell a reduced truck roll fee when the Filipinos are giving people a free truck roll and many times an needed TC on the last tech which is another metric. It's Frustrating. I get people don't think they should have to pay when equipment goes bad but it costs MONEY to get a tech to you and to use equipment to replace it. Maybe if the CSR's stopped giving truck rolls away for free and People stopped expecting to get someone out there for free, monthly rates wouldn't be going up. I'd gladly pay 10 bucks to keep my bill down AND get my system swept from end to end and any problems fixed

The Gold Plan, $13.99 a month, which includes the above, PLUS Identity Theft monitoring and Protection. You get a Dashboard to use to upload any info you want protected, names, CC numbers, emails, Phone, Social Security numbers, etc.,. It also includes a subscription to Web Root internet Security for free. AND most important, it gives you the Tech Adviser App which lets you call an AMERICAN Tech Support agent, not Customer Service who with your permission can remote connect to your phone to use the app and camera to "see" the problems you have, talk you through steps to fix issues and this covers ALL connected devices in your house. Meaning, you have Problems with the Echo Dot? Use Tech Advisor. Router not working on the Hopper? Call Tech Advisor, etc. I saw the training on this and I was blown away.

The Platinum Plan, $24.99 a month includes all the above PLUS Asurion Warranties on ALL your electronics, except phones and Tube and Plasma TV's. Means when you go buy that new 72" UHD HDR TV, you don't have to buy the $250.00 extended Warranty they try to shove down your throat at Best Buy.

25 bucks a month to get a $10.00 tech visit, Identity theft monitoring, protection and Restoration, possibly the best Internet Security - uses the least amount of resources and uses cloud based push updates, warranties on all your electronics and you NEVER have to call a Dish CSR or an misinformed, ill trained, non English speaking person in the Philippines again.

/Rant
I can understand the $10 charge but it still is kinda hard to swallow. Charter Cable never charges anything when they come visit me two to three times a year for Internet issues. What does Direct TV charge for a service call?

If you try to point out all the wrong things he posted you'll be here all night. :biggrin

What? I haven't posted anything wrong. I have demonstrated that, except for the bills in the last 3-4 years, I have not paid for service on owned equipment. And for the non owned equipment, I paid a lease fee. In addition, I am in fact paying extra for service on the other Dish owned equipment such as the dish, the cabling and the switch because I have the protection plan just so I don't have to pay to have those items fixed. In fact, that is the only reason I pay that extra money. The only thing I didn't consider is that the protection plan may also cover the dish equipment that I own.

Now, after all of this, which is $200 plus a month, I need to take off yet another day of work to have Dish come out here yet again to fix another signal problem with their equipment for which will now be the 6th time since this summer, and you think I am being unreasonable to question why I am being charged for the repair?

Really?

What? I haven't posted anything wrong. I have demonstrated that, except for the bills in the last 3-4 years, I have not paid for service on owned equipment. And for the non owned equipment, I paid a lease fee. In addition, I am in fact paying extra for service on the other Dish owned equipment such as the dish, the cabling and the switch because I have the protection plan just so I don't have to pay to have those items fixed. In fact, that is the only reason I pay that extra money. The only thing I didn't consider is that the protection plan may also cover the dish equipment that I own.

Now, after all of this, which is $200 plus a month, I need to take off yet another day of work to have Dish come out here yet again to fix another signal problem with their equipment for which will now be the 6th time since this summer, and you think I am being unreasonable to question why I am being charged for the repair?

Really?
Request a Field Service Manager. In our office, that many trucks rolls in that short a time means someone is not doing something right

Reactions: TheKrell

Really?

You haven't demonstrated anything except that your credibility is ZERO. You haven't posted a copy of your bill showing the charges for the dish, cabling and switch that you claimed. You haven't posted copies of the old bills you claim you have that show you didn't pay outlet or DVR fees for owned receivers, especially Hoppers. The only thing you've demonstrated is that most of what you've posted is not accurate.

You act like you've paid DISH all this money and have gotten nothing. Don't forget all the TV content you've been watching over the years, the DVR service, VOD, DISH Anywhere, etc., etc. That's what you paid for.

I don't know what your problem is but most folks don't need a DISH tech more than every few years for an upgrade or very occasional repair.

Really?
Millennial, I presume?

You do realize that DISH provides service seven days a week so you hardly need to take a day off unless you work all seven days every week.

Understood. But then we have to go several days without service. In addition, I actually did that when this was going on back in August. The tech was schedule to come on Sunday. He didn't show.

Reading this post seems like things are a little out of hand . I can understand why he would like a free repair being with Dish for a long time. But I also understand what the service plan is . Paying $10 for a service tech to come out to your home and fix the issue is a bargain. But people posting on a person credibility and wanting proof of billing is wrong. Let’s move on and get back to helping or satellite guys.

Reading this post seems like things are a little out of hand . I can understand why he would like a free repair being with Dish for a long time. But I also understand what the service plan is . Paying $10 for a service tech to come out to your home and fix the issue is a bargain. But people posting on a person credibility and wanting proof of billing is wrong. Let’s move on and get back to helping or satellite guys.
+1

I'm all for that

Reactions: pattykay
Great advice. :)

Reactions: pattykay

Really?
I plan to be here all night, so...

Everything bolded is either wrong or just backpeddling...here goes.

1. You did not demonstrate anything about not paying fees on owned equipment, just a claim that can't or won't be verified.

2. There is no such thing as a lease fee. All fees are the same on both leased and owned equipment.

3. The protection plan does not cover the dish owned equipment, just most of the cost of the service call to bring an employee to your home. For instance, if you determined that you needed a new switch and could have it shipped and returned without the help of an installer, it wouldn't cost you anything,

4. We thought you were being unreasonable complaining about a $10 tech visit. Nowhere in your original post did you say anything about the frequency of other visits. Then when called out, it became 4. Now it's 6.

As JSheridan said, credibility. Really?

Reactions: JSheridan
I was typing all that when the above posts came in. But my post still stands about people ranting when they are ranting about things that don't reflect reality. It helps other visitors of the site to have valid information posted here.

I wish I could like that post way more than once.

Thank you.

Reactions: Tampa8
Can’t you just add the protection plan at time of need? Used to be able to at least. In some states they make you keep it for awhile or pay a fee if you do that, but in Ga they can’t.

So, to recap, for clarity.

Any account that has a DVR with a built-in hard drive, leased or owned, has 1 DVR fee.
For accounts that have one or more than one receiver, any combination of leased or owned, the first receiver/outlet fee is free. That amount is built into the programming package price.
Additional receiver/Joey fees are not lease fees, they are outlet or programming access fees. They are charged whether owned or leased.
The base protection plan reduces the cost of a service call where someone has to physically come to the house. It also includes other small benefits, too numerous to mention. The tech visit is the main benefit.
Yes, you can add the protection plan at the time of need and keep it for a few months or pay a cancellation fee which amounts to about 4-6 months of having the plan. That is the best way to use it instead of paying for it year after year.

If it only costs Dish $150 to roll a truck, I’m Impressed. At my last job, I calculated over $180, conservative minimum, to roll a truck on a call.

Granted, our trucks had welders and other equipment on them beyond what Dish would have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)