Dish now charges $10 for tech visit to replace broken components?

Fine, nobody pay for service calls, except Dish paying the expenses, and nobody should complain when the cost gets passed on in your bill. I'm sorry, you're not going to win this argument with me.

I didn't realize that we were arguing. If you'll go back and read my first post in this thread (#89), you'll see that I put everything in the first person. I said that I would not pay, based on my situation. Nowhere did I suggest what others should do. You're the one who opened the discussion up to others by bringing God and McDonald's into the discussion.

I don't have a problem with DISH charging some customers for service. I realize that some customers are helpless and call for a tech every time their receiver farts. I also realize that some customers have poor wiring and don't take care of infrastructure of any kind, letting their dog eat the coax, etc.

However, this discussion has deteriorated to what DISH owns and what the customer owns and who should maintain what. Just because DISH says that I own the dish, the lnb's, the switches, etc doesn't mean diddly squat. That equipment has no value to me other than to deliver DISH's programming to me. If it no longer does that, it has no value, regardless of who DISH says it belongs to.

It's been pointed out in this thread that it costs close to $200 to roll a tech to a call. So, DISH charges $95. So, the cost is already getting "passed on in your bill". The OP had a new system installed six months ago. He has a bad switch. Either the switch was defective or the installation was defective. Why should he pay $10 or anything else?

Reactions: pattykay
Can I have his address. I will send him a switch. I believe I can get one from amazon overnight for 9.99 . Like I said earlier let’s move along.

They don't request them back when you disconnect or move that I know of, or they write them off

News to me! Just to add to what others have said above, I had a dual-arc setup when Eastern Arc came out. Dish came out to replace the two dishes with a 1000.4 at no charge. The tech, while removing the dual DP LNB pointed at 61.5, let it get away from him. It zinged down my front roof, fell two stories onto my front walkway, and smashed itself into a million pieces. The tech was wondering how he was going to explain the missing LNB to his company, so I produced an old Dish non-DP LNB from my supplies for him to turn in. :D Case closed.

News to me! Just to add to what others have said above, I had a dual-arc setup when Eastern Arc came out. Dish came out to replace the two dishes with a 1000.4 at no charge. The tech, while removing the dual DP LNB pointed at 61.5, let it get away from him. It zinged down my front roof, fell two stories onto my front walkway, and smashed itself into a million pieces. The tech was wondering how he was going to explain the missing LNB to his company, so I produced an old Dish non-DP LNB from my supplies for him to turn in. :D Case closed.

There’s a heck of a lot of unused dishes with lnb‘s on them, as for that tech, DOA it, grab a new one

Reactions: NYDutch
So we’re all agreed: The service charge minimum should be $20.

:devilish

;)

Well, I'd rather pay $20 on the odd occasion I need a Dish tech to come out while paying $75/month for Dish service than pay $0 when the cable company tech needs to come out while paying $120/month for something which is inferior in almost every way to Dish's product.

Fine, nobody pay for service calls, except Dish paying the expenses, and nobody should complain when the cost gets passed on in your bill.
Exactly. Why should I, as a 17-year customer with 2 service calls in those 17 years, have to pay for someone who has had 6 service calls in the last year?

Reactions: JSheridan
I do sub work for a big box store and received a service request for a customer that was installed 3 years ago by a different installer. They said since it’s 3 years old they want to pay me half a service charge. I said fine looks like I can only drive halfway there. It does cost a lot to roll a truck.

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
I had the same thing happen last week - 2nd visit within the week for the same prob was no charge

That 2nd visit wasn't a charge cause they took the money from the first guy that came out and likely a pay hit for the next several weeks cause of the return visit. Any time another truck has to roll to a location in 12 days it costs the previous tech's pocket big time.
Congrats!

That 2nd visit wasn't a charge cause they took the money from the first guy that came out and likely a pay hit for the next several weeks cause of the return visit. Any time another truck has to roll to a location in 12 days it costs the previous tech's pocket big time.
Congrats!
If you don’t fix it, maybe you shouldn’t get paid...

If you don’t fix it, maybe you shouldn’t get paid...
I can agree with that. What I can't agree with are CSR's who create TC's when a tech calls in with a customer to setup a pole mount, creates TC's when A Customer gets installed and 4 days later decides he/she wanted the TV on a different wall and refuses to pay for a truck roll, when a customer calls in and says they hit their pole mounted dish with a lawn mower and the CSR sets up a 12 TC. It's not one 12 DAY that costs you money, it's falling below a set threshold that does and that hit is felt for up to 3 months, so yeah, he should get dinged for not sweeping the system, but it shouldn't cost him 1000's of dollars, and that's what dropping a tech level costs. And the great thing about Dish is they rarely overturn those, even the obvious ones, when you're an in-house tech, and never, ever will, can't even dispute them, when you're a sub or retailer

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)