Dish now charges $10 for tech visit to replace broken components?

monroef

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
About six months ago my two Hoppers were upgraded to Hopper 3's using the DHP42 switch. There is now a problem with the switch where there is no longer signal on the 72.7 satellite. Dish is coming out to replace the switch but wants to charge a $10 tech visit fee. Is this something new? I have been a 20 year customer and have never heard or been charged with this fee before.

About six months ago my two Hoppers were upgraded to Hopper 3's using the DHP42 switch. There is now a problem with the switch where there is no longer signal on the 72.7 satellite. Dish is coming out to replace the switch but wants to charge a $10 tech visit fee. Is this something new? I have been a 20 year customer and have never heard or been charged with this fee before.
Do you have the DISH Protection Plan?

Reactions: pattykay
Yes I do. When I reminded the individual on the phone that I have the plan, he said consider this a $10 deductible. Strange, I have never heard of this before after 20 years. Even when I didn't have the protection plan.

Yes I do. When I reminded the individual on the phone that I have the plan, he said consider this a $10 deductible. Strange, I have never heard of this before after 20 years. Even when I didn't have the protection plan.
WOW. Call them back and challenge them or get with a DIRT member. Maybe something new.

I was surprised couple months ago when I ordered a couple of remote controls. There is now a shipping charge. I called DISH and they credited the shipping charges on my account.

Reactions: pattykay
Its only $10.00. But paying someone to fix equipment that you are already paying for. I would understand if the problem is with something like the house wiring.

but if you have the protection pan, your paying for future repairs

Minus the $10 'deductible' per visit. It's all laid out in the terms and conditions.

From what I've heard they've been known to 'waive' the $10 fee if asked nicely. Threatening to cancel might have the opposite effect.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So what does the equipment charge cover?

There are no 'equipment charges'. You pay a DVR fee for DVR service and you pay additional outlet fees so you can watch the programming you pay for on additional TV's.

If there were 'equipment charges' then they could charge you for the dish, LNB, remotes, switches and everything else they could think of like a lot of the cable companies do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)