Dish Online Update

csschrot

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Lincoln Ne
On the dishonline website is now showing a trial for the online programming. It says you need either a 622 or 722. However when you click on the link it asks for an Echostar token.

Are the beta tester the only ones given a token, or am I missing something? I find it strange that they would have the beta tester go though the main site.

Shawn

Are the beta tester the only ones given a token, or am I missing something? I find it strange that they would have the beta tester go though the main site.
Given the way that site has worked in the past, I don't think many of us consider this "strange". More like typical.... You would think it would be on a page that requires a direct link to access vs displaying it as an image on that page.

Heh, it's forgotten where I live again. Thinks I'm in Hawaii but it seems to pick up my time and is at 9:30pm. When I change time zones, it moves me 5 hours into the future. When it does that, it displays programming for 2:30am and then doesn't let you move back !!

i'm not a beta tester, but i have it on my 722 now. in its current state:

YOU AREN'T MISSING ANYTHING

movies that should be free, no tv shows or non-movie content... "Airplane" is a new release on this thing. it is a great movie, but not so new.

csschrot is referring to the ability to program / control your DVR via the internet, not the 'pay-per-view' that you're referring.

Did anyone else see that E* automatically scheduled a timer on the 622's from DNFYI channel about the new DishOnline?

I am hearing we will find out what it is tonight on the Tech Chat.
Heh, maybe they'll provide the token to the few hundred people who watch tech chat.... :)

A software update will be necessary anyways before you can use this feature though. There's no indication that L4.47 actually supports 'internet-based scheduling' is there ?

What has been there ? The link on the DishONLINE webpage hasn't been though it may come and go. Seems not too many people routinely visit that site to notice and comment ! :D

Yeah are they going to offer any HD Content? Also had a friend DL a Movie and he noticed that it did not take any HD Space up.

The code on the DVR has been there to allow for remote programming.
You sure ? The signup says you need to get a s/w update and they mentioned it on the tech chat too. The people whose boxes you've been Slingbox'ing into likely had unreleased s/w builds that were running parallel to the regular s/w, but with the addition of the necessary code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts