Dish Preferred Customer

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
My two year commitment expired with my May bill so I called the Dish Loyalty Department at 888-283-2309. I have been with Dish for 22 years. They were unable to give me the $5 discount for Autopay and the $5 Hopper Savings. He told me that the computer would be able to apply that when my next bill generates on June 2. Instead he gave me a $15 credit toward the May bill and told me to call again after June 2.
Dish also gave me 3 Rental Certificates since I did not receive the certificates in March, April, and May due to the ransomware attack. Once again I am pleased with Dish's customer service. I plan to stick with them for at least another two years.

I’ll be calling tomorrow. Hopefully I can get someone like I got in December to help me with the $60p/m increase of my bill even after cutting services the last go around.

She was a “Dream Come True!”

UPDATE:
Our Leased box is updating to all these new versions, but the Purchased box is still on H344 and still being treated as a "Redheaded Stepchild". I tried to manually update and it says it's up to date. And as kinda above, I'm having all kinds of wonkiness with apps either not opening or crashing taking the whole box with it. I go back . . . Someone answered.

So I called "Retention"did not get "American Retention". After 20 minutes on hold, I got a very noisy call center. The young lady who picked up the call had an accent, but she was very easy to understand. She was in a Call Center in Asia.

So after 101 minutes. DISH Renewal 2023:
  • Retention Rep was in a very noisy Call Center in Asia. Not Stateside.
  • Was $158.49p/m
  • Now $108.49p/m for one year.
  • Optional: +$25p/m for 3 year Price Lock.
  • One Time $40 Courtesy Discount
  • Next Bill: $68.49
  • Anniversary: 31 July 2024
For once in decades the notes from the previous Agent were still in the account! "Surprise!"

Last edited:
I’ll be calling tomorrow. Hopefully I can get someone like I got in December to help me with the $60p/m increase of my bill even after cutting services the last go around.

She was a “Dream Come True!”
The Preferred Customer contract is no longer online since the DISH software crash. If they send you a new one, would you please bookmark it for us?

I see no charges for Joeys in the 2 yr
That's the same contract I've been on for several years. They don't mention Joeys because there are no discounts for Joeys. They also don't list VIP receivers, but they certainly have fees. The contracts only list the items which are discounted and the terms required to keep those discounted prices.

Correct, the Preferred customer offer only speaks to the pieces of the offer it modifies. So it only mentions the discount amount for the hopper. Dish has stuck to the same contract language on these forever, outside of now having an option of 3yrs price lock/discount w/ only 2yrs of commit time.

Yeah, my Golden puppy just ate my remotes, so I took the chance to call in. They found out I've been with them for over 25 years, so I got a free ($20) remote. Now how to keep it from looking like a bone??
I been getting free remotes from dish for as long as i been with the, i have box full of them someplace, though that might been the techs come out that give them to me

Reactions: charlesrshell
My two year commitment expired with my May bill so I called the Dish Loyalty Department at 888-283-2309. I have been with Dish for 22 years. They were unable to give me the $5 discount for Autopay and the $5 Hopper Savings. He told me that the computer would be able to apply that when my next bill generates on June 2. Instead he gave me a $15 credit toward the May bill and told me to call again after June 2.
Dish also gave me 3 Rental Certificates since I did not receive the certificates in March, April, and May due to the ransomware attack. Once again I am pleased with Dish's customer service. I plan to stick with them for at least another two years.
Does this number for Loyalty work ?
I tried to renew my Dish Movie Pack promo on FB Messenger but the only the CR could offer me was a free Hopper Plus.

That's good since they only have like 4 years left before they are no longer profitable. So ride the gravy train while you can.:onthego

Before or after they buy DirecTV?
Not going to happen anytime soon, neither company has the money or access to the funds.

The next thing on Dish’s plate, is the merger with Echostar, which still has to go thru the Federal Regulators.

After that, they should have access to the funds, hopefully interest rates will be down , by then, maybe the merger talks will resume, especially since DirecTV will be worth even less in a year after another 1.5 to 2 Million subscriber loss.

I still think it is a bad idea to merge the too companies, too much costs involved, especially with an increasing declining subscriber base .

Before or after they buy DirecTV?
Yeah I don't see that happening since Charlie is in a money crunch and his profits are dropping now. A merger might happen if they allow for a third company created by both DISH and DIRECTV, but Charlie wants to be in control and I don't see that changing unless he gets the Cell phone part of his company finished in time for the next federal deadline for 75% of coverage. Then he might allow someone else to be CEO of the satellite/streaming part of the company. So unless things change and he gets a Saudi financial backer I don't see it happening.