Dish Preferred Customer

I was able to renew my 1 yr. commitment @ $40 off per month and get the Movie Pack at $5 for 6 months.
Top 250+
Locals
Hopper 3
Joey2
Movie Pack
$119.85 taxes included
That is what I have been paying for the past year.
My bill was going to jump to $159.85
Good another year. Yay

I just called in for my parents, last year they offered $50 credit per month for 12 months, this time the initial offer was $10/mo for 24 months. Asked if there was anything similar to what they offered last year and they came back with $30 credit per month for 12 months. Seems fair to me, they've dropped a lot of programming over the last couple of months, went from 200 to 120+ and dropped locals. They haven't had NBC since November and lost ABC in the Hearst dispute. Also dropped HBO. They'll be paying $82 a month for 4 TVs. Might be the last year for Dish...

I just called in for my parents, last year they offered $50 credit per month for 12 months, this time the initial offer was $10/mo for 24 months. Asked if there was anything similar to what they offered last year and they came back with $30 credit per month for 12 months. Seems fair to me, they've dropped a lot of programming over the last couple of months, went from 200 to 120+ and dropped locals. They haven't had NBC since November and lost ABC in the Hearst dispute. Also dropped HBO. They'll be paying $82 a month for 4 TVs. Might be the last year for Dish...
I think at this rate DISH will be out of business for satellite sooner than later if they keep losing 1 million subs a year. I think they have only 6 million left for satellite subs and 2 million for Sling TV and that would put it at 2029 for the last year at that rate. Might come sooner than that if churn accelerates. DISH needs to drop the fees and make it more attractive for people to stay with DISH. Additional receiver fees and DVR fees are just extra money that we really don't need to pay for, especially if someone owns their receivers in the first place.

I think at this rate DISH will be out of business for satellite sooner than later if they keep losing 1 million subs a year. I think they have only 6 million left for satellite subs and 2 million for Sling TV and that would put it at 2029 for the last year at that rate. Might come sooner than that if churn accelerates.
That is not the problem, getting down to the last million subscribers, it is how many they lose before they are unprofitable.

Doing the math, DirecTV only has 3-4 years to go before they are, Dish, because they are more financially unstable, even less.

If Dish did not choose to build their 5G whatever ever it is, which has proven to be a money pit, I honestly believe they could of outlasted DirecTV.
DISH needs to drop the fees and make it more attractive for people to stay with DISH. Additional receiver fees and DVR fees are just extra money that we really don't need to pay for, especially if someone owns their receivers in the first place.
Dish cannot afford to drop one fee, when they are doing their second price increase of the year ( also, they did the same a few years ago), it is obvious they need the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: navychop