Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As was just announced on the DISH Retailer chat. Dish will have new pricing as of January 14th...

While announced on the chat, please do not consider these numbers official until we get something in writing from DISH, as in the past on the retailer chats they have made mistakes when they read off the new pricing.

And please don't shoot me, I am just reporting it. :)

Yes prices are going up but some are going DOWN (but only for NEW Customers)

BE AWARE, THAT WHILE THE NEW PRICING HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED TO DEALERS, IT HAS NOT BEEN OFFICIALLY BEEN RELEASED TO AGENTS YET. THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU CONTACT DISH OR THE DIRT TEAM THEY WILL NOT HAVE INFO ON THESE CHANGES AND PROBABLY WONT HAVE INFORMATION ON THESE CHANGES UNTIL THE CHANGES ARE MADE IN THEIR SYSTEM.

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 2.01.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 1.58.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 8.38.59 PM.png

Last edited:
We knew that was coming, just hope the new hopper makes it worthwhile.

As was just announced on the DISH Retailer chat. Dish will have new pricing as of January 14th...

While announced on the chat, please do not consider these numbers official until we get something in writing from DISH, as in the past on the retailer chats they have made mistakes when they read off the new pricing.

And please don't shoot me, I am just reporting it. :)

Yes prices are going up but some are going DOWN.

CORE AT Packages are going up $5
*sigh*
HBO, Cinemax and Starz are going DOWN to $4 a month.
I just added a couple letters to make it look nicer.

Receiver Fees are going up.
Hoppers and Hopper With Sling systems are going from $12 a month to $15 a month
VIP DVR's (622 / 722) are going up from $7 to $10 a month
I'm aware that you really can't do better elsewhere for a one receiver home, but oi! $8 a month increase? I think I may need to hit the eject button. I'm just not getting that much value out of it. Come January, I think it'll be a call to retention.

Reactions: osu1991
Can I assume that the America Everything Package will decrease by $7 because of the $5 increase of the AT packages but the$4 decrease of HBO, Starz, and Cinemax.

*sigh*
I just added a couple letters to make it look nicer.

I'm aware that you really can't do better elsewhere for a one receiver home, but oi! $8 a month increase? I think I may need to hit the eject button. I'm just not getting that much value out of it. Come January, I think it'll be a call to retention.

I'm thinking the same. That's a 10%+ increase overall for me and for what? I expected some increase in programming, but the increase in the pure profit DVR fee for VIPs is disappointing to put it mildly. At least with Fios I can use a cablecard and avoid their crappy DVRs and fees. I'll just do without when I'm in the sticks back north.

so if you have 2 hoppers, you pay twice or is 1 included?
I should sure hope not, The First Hopper is usually just the DVR fee which is $12.
The 2nd hopper would now be $15 if I'm reading this right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

First Hopper is currently $12 - It is going up to $15. If you have a second Hopper currently its $12 the price for the second one will go up to $15.

Here is DISH compaired to DIRECTV (Note this does not include yesterdays announced DIRECTV price increase.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 12.30.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 12.30.30 PM.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,218

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)