Dish Pricing Update

RIP OFF

I can tell you when this is done I will cancel, and go with someone else regardless to the 8 months I have left in my contract. This is total bull****! They keep nickle and diming their clients, and soon that is all they will have.

I hope this is only rumor.

I hope that everyone will be happy with the changes. So far the changes Dish has been making are pretty good. I am a Dish dealer and we have been extremely busy lately. It helps that I live in the Mediacom market and they may not be carrying FOX in time for the Iowa bowl game. Keep growing Dish!

The thing that I can't understand is the guys with more than six viewing locations. I have always been told that they will lease you up to four viewing locations, you can buy equipment to get an additional two (totaling the six), but after six you have to build a separate account, or pay commercial prices.

You can have 12 viewing locations (6 dual tuner receivers), but 8 have to be non-lease.

I can tell you when this is done I will cancel, and go with someone else regardless to the 8 months I have left in my contract. This is total bull****! They keep nickle and diming their clients, and soon that is all they will have.

I hope this is only rumor.

How much is your bill going up? Mostly AEP subs will see an increase if they have a few DVR's for most other folks there is no change in price.

I am going to drop AEP once the new pricing takes affect and go down to Top 250. I don't watch the movie channels anyways.

I am going to be doing the same thing. I have 3 722s, 1 622, 1 222, and 1 2700. The only thing that made the AEP package attractive was that the DVR charges were waived. I was even considering upgrading my 622 to a 922 when it became available.

At this point, I will have analyze all of the costs very carefully before I do anything that causes an adjustment to my contract date. My local telco, Smithville Telephone, is running fiber directly to the house for all of their customers. I initially didn't consider their TV offering becuase of the $9.95 per month HD-DVR charge. The $12 or $17 per month that Dish will be charging is now more than Smithville. Dish may indeed have a superior DVR but i'm not sure I can afford it.

I think that DISH understands that a lot of people are dropping the premiums in order to save $$$$. So this makes sense to go with the locals/dvr bundle or the WITH DVR packs and add what premium packs you want or don't want. You save the .98 cents over doing it the other way. THe main point everyone keeps missing is that DISH has done away with the extra dvr fees on the extra dvr receivers. So if they do as I think they will do on your bill, they will show the 17.00 dvr fee and in the credits they will show the A/0 fee credit for keeping your receivers plugged into a phone or ethernet line: YOU saved $5.00! They will also show the dvr fee as a credit: YOU SAVED $5.98 ! Which means a creative way to show the charge in one way and the credits in another part of the bill. You will still be just paying the 7.00 extra or additional receiver/lease fee . The only thing DISH is doing is combining the fees into one , and standardizing the prices on additional or lease receiver fees. So no more 5.00 for sd and 7.00 for hd , it will be just 7.00 for all extra receivers after the first. Most people will be paying less in February than they do now.

My question is still what about making the hd free with any programming packs? THere were rumors that they were going to do this to advertise FREE HD with any pack, like cable does now. Is this still going to happen and what happens to sd receiver only customers ? Do they get screwed ? Do we have to pay 10.00 more for regular programming packs in order to have the free HD, so they can hide the cost in the packs? I guess we will find out next month at CES about this and other questions .
I understand what you're saying. I don't mind paying the $15.95 fee for our FiOS HD DVR, but there is no way I am going to pay Verizon $15.95 for my owned TivoHD or owned Sony HD DVR w/cablecard. My question is will E* charge $17 for customers who own their own DuoDVR? I just don't see how customers won't be paying more for their equipment.

On a side note...I can't wait to see what new monthly fees, if any, E* has in store for applications such as the "Sling", etc. Just becase a customer has a Sling-loaded 922 that certainly doesn't mean they can freely use the Sling application without paying a little something extra each month - external USB storage is a good example. We shall see...

A Dish Network price change is coming alright... I just got a Netflix subscription and reduced my DN programming from $85 to only $40 per month. I might cut it even lower in January.

How much is your bill going up? Mostly AEP subs will see an increase if they have a few DVR's for most other folks there is no change in price.

I currently have two 722K's with AEP. I think that my fees now are $12.00 per month. What kind of increase can I expect? $5.00 for the DVR fee?

Thanks

I currently have two 722K's with AEP. I think that my fees now are $12.00 per month. What kind of increase can I expect? $5.00 for the DVR fee?

Thanks

I have almost the same setup. I have a 622 and a 625 with AEP. Our bill will go up 6.00 as stated on the 1st post from quote from the E* employee.

"In my case I have 2 duo dvrs so I will be charged one 17.00 fee but I will have one dvr fee eliminated and my a/o fee eliminated and rolled up into the receiver fee so my bill will go up around 6.00."

Well according to the other thread on the front page of this web board there will be no programming price increase at all. This is a first time no PRICE increase since 1998 or 1999 of last century.

The only real thing is happening is the receiver prices are being standardized for both sd and hd receivers. They are lumping all the nickel & dime fees into one receiver fee for the receivers after the first. IF you comply and keep your phone lines connected to your receivers you save the $5.00 A/0 fee. Same as today. Since there will be NO MORE dvr fees after the first , they should credit those too on each dvr receiver after the first. This is a positive thing and I know I freaked at first too, but after re-reading the #1 post in this thread and doing the math myself I can see what they are going to do. It is all the way they are showing it in your bill as a charge and in your credit section as a credit . Most of us should see no real increase at all ,or very little increase if you keep your phone lines plugged in. This prevents stacking and increases the amount of subs that DISH has.

So in my case I have a 722k and the WITH dvr pack for top 250 a 211k receiver that I paid the 39.99 to get dvr service. So my bill won't go up at all because both of my receivers are plugged into the phone and ethernet line. My only additional fee would be the additional receiver fee for 7.00. Same as this year.

Lets all just calm down and wait till next month when the CES show is on and the prices will be revealed to all. Then we can all either FREAK out or relax depending on how we look at it. I can't see CHarlie doing something negative like hiking the receiver prices without offsetting them with credits , when he is just know getting back on his feet subscriber wise. Even Charlie can't be that stupid. IF he is doing what I think he is doing the next year will be a very good year for DISH.

No programming price increase.
No more dvr fees per receiver - only one per account just like DIRECTV.
Simplify their fees into one equipment fee and offset it with credits for complying with the phone line requirement and the dvr fee credits.

The only ones I see who might see an increase is the AEP customers who will now pay ONE dvr fee of 5.98. Simply drop off one premium pack you watch the least or none at al, and you will save about 5.00 over what you are doing right now. Cinemax is simply the repeats of most movies shown on HBO except maybe the late night skinmax movies. I vote you drop that premium and the dvr fee will not even be felt. Or go with the WITH DVR pack for either 100/200 or 250 and add a few select premiums you want except one and you will still not see a dvr fee increase on your bill. You would actually pay less than you do now.

Last edited:
I have a Dish ViP211 and a ViP722 with the Silver package. Based on what's been posted in this thread, my bill will increase somewhere between $4/month and $11/month. Even at the minimum $4/month, that is more than any annual programming price increases I've incurred since 1999. I'm already working on what part(s) of the service we will drop to negate the increase.

I'm shocked that Dish is considering such a steep price increase in such a down economy. I suspect this will cost them many new subscriptions and will result in the loss of thousands who currently aren't under one of Dish's 2-year contracts.

I think they need to give long term customers a discount per year of service on the monthly bill. A $1-2 for each year of retention. I hate seeing increases every year without any customer appreciation deals. The little free pay-per-view coupons aren't enough.

I have a Dish ViP211 and a ViP722 with the Silver package. Based on what's been posted in this thread, my bill will increase somewhere between $4/month and $11/month. Even at the minimum $4/month, that is more than any annual programming price increases I've incurred since 1999. I'm already working on what part(s) of the service we will drop to negate the increase.

I'm shocked that Dish is considering such a steep price increase in such a down economy. I suspect this will cost them many new subscriptions and will result in the loss of thousands who currently aren't under one of Dish's 2-year contracts.
The average increase last year was around $6.00 per month. You probably are only going to pay $6.00 or less. Don't jump off a cliff.

Okay lets see If I can figure this one out. You have a 722 receiver and a 211k. So if your main 722 is not going to incur any extra charge becuase is your first receiver. The 211k is only 7.00 and if you keep it plugged into the phone line you don't incur any 5.00 A/0 fee either. How does your bill go up ? Right now you are only paying the dvr fee if you have the regular programming pack for Silver pack or Silver ( top 200). If you have the WITH DVR pack you save .98 cents a month over the traditional way and you have no dvr fee as it is bundled with your locals. So how do you arrive at this 4.00 - 11.00 figure increase?

Okay so if I had 2 HDDVR's and One standard receiver going to 5 TV's and had the AEP pack with the HD/Platinum package what would the price be now and what would the price be with the new pricing structure?

I've been with Dish for 10 years now.....and a installer. The installer count will obviuosly take a hit, I may even get more "de-installs" lol yeah I've had a few.

But I know what I'm going to do come Jan when I get the notice of the change...I'm going to call and raise hell and get on a promotion or make sure i'm locked into something to offset the amount of it going up for at least a few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)