Dish Pro LNB Advantages ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kirbybear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Cresview Florida
New member. Have not been able to find an answer to the subject question on any other forum. So I thought I would try here.

I have a 301 using a legacy single LNB . Is there any advantage to buying a Dish Pro LNB ? Thanks Bob

DishPro uses bandstacked technology, meaning that both polarizations are present on one cable 100% of the time. Your receiver does not need to switch a DishPro LNB from right- to left-hand polarization when you change channels, since both are already present at the receiver all the time. This means changing channels should be faster. (I haven't timed it.) Also, the DishPro LNB is intelligent and features two-way communication with the receivers; this speeds up the Check Switch diagnostic considerably. Also, it's quite a bit easier to add more receivers and switches with DishPro LNBs since you only need one cable per satellite location. (Legacy LNBs require two cables going to a switch, one of which always carries LHCP, and the other of which always carries the RHCP signal.) Finally, since DC voltage is not used to switch polarizations, you can put a DishPro LNB at the end of a 200' cable. Legacy LNBs at that distance would suffer such a resistive loss of voltage that they probably could never be switched into LHCP mode.

Thanks for the info. I am an RVer and set up in difficult settings around the country. I am using a Dish 300 and only use 119. I was looking to get better signal strength/sensitivity from a Dish Prover the legacy. Sounds like the new LNB would not do what I am looking for ? Bob

I don't think a DishPro LNB will provide higher signal strength. But a bigger dish would. ;) A Dish 500 is a little bigger, and you could use a twin LNB on it and get the two main Dish sats simultaneously.

But frankly I don't understand why you are having trouble with your Dish 300. Are you trying to look through tree leaves? Heavy downpours?

There is no practical difference when using one slot and one receiver.

If you need more signal, then as TheKrell points out, a bigger dish is the solution.

I'd recommend going for a Dish500 with a DP Twin. They are cheap and available used and it may give you more choices without costing you more money per month.

Here are the pictures:

Attachments

• Picture6%20029.jpg
    Picture6%20029.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture6%20031.jpg
    Picture6%20031.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 101

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)