Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

I have classic silver with silver HD add on.
I kept this now, but tomorrow to get those channnels that were in the Plat package I will have to sign on for the new HD w/ Plat package which is $10 less.

So do we need to potentially drop Platinum HD, or Platinum HD and our core HD (Gold on my case) packages as well, in order to sign back up tomorrow for the reduced rate?

That is the question that no one wants to answer. You can try it. Remember if you do it they will charge you a $5 downgrade fee, which might be worth it if your going to save $10 a month

That is the question that no one wants to answer. You can try it. Remember if you do it they will charge you a $5 downgrade fee, which might be worth it if your going to save $10 a month
So worse case, drop Gold+Plat HD, $5 downgrade fee, and sign back up tomorrow. Worse I would be out is the $5 and a few hours of HD. Potentially save $5 first month though, and $10 after? Guess I'll wait til closer to midnight until I pull the trigger on this one.

So worse case, drop Gold+Plat HD, $5 downgrade fee...
Unless you took advantage of another offer requiring a minimum programming commitment. If you did, then removal of the HD add-on might incur all manner of odious early termination fees. (This concern is from my fallible memory. So maybe there are no such customers.)

I want to bullet point these developments, some one please correct me if I misunderstand:

CURRENT PLATINUM SUBS - Will get $10 credit on their bills starting with the September Cycle
-In these situations it has been my experience that the first credit will include a retroactive credit for the "missing" month. But YMMV

CURRENT HD ADD-ON SUBSCRIBERS (Classic Bronze/Silver/Gold+HD) - Will get the platinum channels automatically for no charge. But not necessarily at 12:01am Aug 1

CURRENT TURBO HD SUBSCRIBERS - nothing has been decided yet by Dish.

See ya
Tony

So Scott, is Tony's accessment that "CURRENT HD ADD-ON SUBSCRIBERS (Classic Bronze/Silver/Gold+HD) - Will get the platinum channels automatically for no charge. But not necessarily at 12:01am Aug 1" still correct after you've talked to Kathy at Dish? Is "Automatically" correct or is it we have to call Dish or do it online with CSR? This is the confusing part of this deal, even by reading through most of the posts.

So Scott, is Tony's accessment that "CURRENT HD ADD-ON SUBSCRIBERS (Classic Bronze/Silver/Gold+HD) - Will get the platinum channels automatically for no charge. But not necessarily at 12:01am Aug 1" still correct after you've talked to Kathy at Dish? Is "Automatically" correct or is it we have to call Dish or do it online with CSR? This is the confusing part of this deal, even by reading through most of the posts.

No its not correct, current customers will continue to pay $10 a month extra for Platinum.

Ok, I did online chat, and the gal told me that in essence, I needed to drop Platinum HD TODAY, and call back tomorrow and add it back for free. Otherwise I would continue to be charged. She removed it for me, no charge as I am a long standing customer (even though I left for a while).

So I wonder when the new package will be able to be added online through account management. I'm going to check at midnight and see. But Platinum is gone for now, and this gal seemed very confident that we needed to cancel and re-add.

The big question. If the package is going away, how will you be able to re-add? I plan on calling tomorrow and see about adding it for free as well.

can anyone explain how it would be possible for classic + hd subscribers to get charged an extra $10 after aug 1st?

if the platinum package no longer exists, they can't charge you for it...if platinum + hd is now a combo deal...wouldnt said subscribers just automatically get the platinum channels?

this makes no sense....and if the package no longer exists..how in the hell can you add it?

I don't have platinum (in Hawaii we only have access to HDNMV and UNIHD (plus CI which recently got moved to 110 conus, but is still red in the guide despite my best efforts, along with Green, WGN and CBS-C).

I tried to add it for free via live chat and they said to do it tomorrow instead and it will be free. I'll certainly try that.

I was just told by Dish that it will be added to my Gold hd tomorrow at no charge, no need to call.

We will see.

I'm on month two of my three months free of PlatinumHD. Will be interesting to see how the third month credit will work out if they are removing the package.

I was just told by Dish that it will be added to my Gold hd tomorrow at no charge, no need to call.

We will see.

This is whats dumb. Why do people who already have it have to drop it and re-add.

Gotta be the most idiotic thing they have done in awhile.

How can you charge subs for something you are going to give away for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my second chat. This tells mt that I can get the platinum pack tomorrow for free but I do have to call. Again. I have Gold classic hd with no platinum pack as of now.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Peter v.
(03) Peter v: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Peter v: Thank you for your patience.
(03) Peter v: For account security purposes, can I please verify the full name and address with zip code that is on the account?
Me: no problem

(03) Peter v: Thank you.
(03) Peter v: Yes, you are eligible to receive Platinum HD package free from next month onwards.
Me: will I need to call to get it added or will it show up in my guide tomorrow?
(03) Peter v: You need to contact us to add the package on account tomorrow.
Me: but there will be no charge? is that correct?
(03) Peter v: Yes, there is no charge. ME: Is Dish doing away with this pack.?
(03) Peter v: It is the new promotion we are launching from tomorrow.
Me: so. Anyone that has ANY kind of hd now will be able to get this pack?
(03) Peter v: Yes, that is correct.
(03) Peter v: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
Me: ok. Thank you. You have been very helpfull
spacer.gif

Okay, there is no more platinum pack after tomorrow , but there will be an HD + Platinum pack for $10.00 starting tomorrow. So if you call tomorrow and say you want the HD+platinum pack for 10.00 you should be able to get that pack ,as it would be an easy switch from HD to HD +Plat. IF not DISH has lost their last marble . I can't see them offering a $10.00 discount to only new subs and those who don't have hd yet, but screw over all their existing sub base by continuing to charge for plat pack that no longer exist after tomorrow. Come on even DISH can't be this stupid?

I just talked to dish loyalty department and they got confirmation from a supervisor that you will be charged the extra ten if you already have platinum and you do nothing. However, you can switch to Hd&Platinum no matter your subscription status starting tomorrow for just $10. Don't know how accurate this is but it wasn't a regular CSR. This company makes everything confusing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts