Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

Hopefully it is just a bug ... this has also been brought up in another post ... but a bunch of HD channels (Nick HD for example) have been moved up to the SilverHD package ...

I just checked my account on-line and it also still shows Platinum as a $10 add-on. I have had it along with AEP and Classic Gold for several years now. I expect the $10 to be removed soon since Platinum is now a free service. But I'll believe it only when I see it gone from my account.

Same here... Platinum add-on ($10) still being displayed under my account details.

Since it looks like they have plastered free Platinum HD with any HD package all over the web site, I would suspect that the next bill everyone gets will just see their Platinum HD priced at 0.00 without having to do anything. But, if you were relying on a discount for multiple premium packages, you would have one less premium package in your discount. You would still save money, just not $10.

Turbo HD appears to have been wiped from the web site.

When I tried to make a change to my programming, I got the message "You are trying to add invalid programming for your existing package, please review the channels in your existing package for more information." so it didn't work.

Last edited:
Turbo HD Bronze customer

I still have no HD Platinum channels. I entered chat and they said their system is updating and to check back in a few hours.

I just went on to Dish Network chat, and the representative added Platinum for me for free, it was up and working about 10 minutes later.

For those waiting for Platinum HD to be added automatically, you'll probably be waiting a few days yet, found this on a local Sattellite Provider's web page :

---EXISTING CUSTOMERS will be eligible for the new free Platinum HD promotion. Existing customers WITHOUT Platinum HD do NOT need to call. Existing customers with the Classic packages’ $10 HD add-on (BronzeHD, SilverHD & GoldHD) will automatically have the 11 Platinum channels added to their HD package with no extra charge by August 5th with the same newly combined “HD & Platinum” package. Platinum channels include: HD Movie channels MGM-HD, Universal-HD and HDNet Movies; Sports channels NBA-TV HD and NHL HD; along with A&E's Crime & Investigation HD, FashionTV HD, BET Jazz HD, LOGO HD, MavTV HD and World Fishing Network HD.

Hey guys just did a chat with CSR: I think I am all set

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (23-12-3) Brad T..
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Thank you for chatting with DISH Network, the leader in HD and DVR services. This is Brad T, Operator ID V6H. I will be happy to assist you today with any questions or concerns. Please allow 1-2 minutes for me to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: For account security, may I please have you verify the billing zip code on the account?
J: 48047
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Thanks.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: I show your needing help with a programming question.
: I would like to add platnium HD, I read that could be done at no cost now
(23-12-3) Brad T.: I'd be glad to help you with that today.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: One moment while I make that change for you
J:Thanks
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Your welcome.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Okay, we have that changed, you will price difference on your next statement.
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
: Platnium and regular are now 10.00 correct
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Correct.
: Platnium is not seperate
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Yes correct.
J: so on my bill I will see on charge for 10.00
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Yes, again, HD Gold and Platinum HD are one package now for 10.00.
J: Thanks!!!
(23-12-3) Brad T.: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
J: All set

For those waiting for Platinum HD to be added automatically, you'll probably be waiting a few days yet, found this on a local Sattellite Provider's web page :

---EXISTING CUSTOMERS will be eligible for the new free Platinum HD promotion. Existing customers WITHOUT Platinum HD do NOT need to call. Existing customers with the Classic packages’ $10 HD add-on (BronzeHD, SilverHD & GoldHD) will automatically have the 11 Platinum channels added to their HD package with no extra charge by August 5th with the same newly combined “HD & Platinum” package. Platinum channels include: HD Movie channels MGM-HD, Universal-HD and HDNet Movies; Sports channels NBA-TV HD and NHL HD; along with A&E's Crime & Investigation HD, FashionTV HD, BET Jazz HD, LOGO HD, MavTV HD and World Fishing Network HD.
Already been told,and posted it yesterday.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1909727-post297.html

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Catherine B.
(03) Catherine B: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Catherine B: Thank you for your patience.
(03) Catherine B: Good Morning!!
ME: Good morning
(03) Catherine B: How are you doing today?
ME: I understand that Platinum HD is now included in ALL HD packages at no extra cost, but I still don't have the channels.
(03) Catherine B: Yes, that is correct.
(03) Catherine B: I am sorry to inform that as of now our system is currently updating and we are unable to process any requests at this time.
(03) Catherine B: Our Engineering department is aware of the issue and they are working hard to fix this at the earliest.
ME: OK thank you.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

Good afternoon all!
I see that Dish's website has a few problems today, and no changes have appeared on my account. I guess we all must just sit and wait...while looking at Dish's website this morning something else caught my eye. I notice Dish is advertising Classic Silver for $52.99 w/locals and the HD/PlatinumHD for an added $10.00. Looking at my account online, I'm paying $47.99 for Classic Silver, $10.00 for Silver HD, $10.00 for Platinum HD, and $5.99 for my Locals. Add it all up and my monthly charge is $73.98, yet on my paper statement it shows $77.99!(This is all before tax.) I don't understand where the extra $4.00 is coming from??? Now I'm getting $35.00 off/month for 6 months, but with Dish's new pricing my monthly bill, after my 6 months are up, s/b $63.98.(I forgot about Cinemax for .01) Am I missing a charge somewhere that's Dish is not listing on my bill?
Any of you long time subsribers, please let me know if I'm looking at this wrong.
Thanks,
Ghpr13:confused:

Going to enjoy getting Platnium at no cost for the next few months, hopefully longer but I guess we will have to see if any there is any off seting cost next year during the price increases that typically happen. But for now its a pretty good price for a nice amount of channels

I tried to add platinum HD this morning:

(24DrDcb) Lynn A. BP2: Thank you, How may I assist you today?
David Jenkins: i was told via live chat yesterday that I could activate platinum hd today for free. i would like to do so now.
(24DrDcb) Lynn A. BP2: Unfortunately our system is down right now and I can't access that information to help you.
David Jenkins: what do you suggest?
(24DrDcb) Lynn A. BP2: I apologize for the inconvenience, you could go to Satellite Television - DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557, and register your account.
(24DrDcb) Lynn A. BP2: Then you can log in to your account information and make programming changes.
David Jenkins: can i add the free programming online?
(24DrDcb) Lynn A. BP2: You can make programming changes there, and when you add the new HD package it is automatically free.
David Jenkins: mahalo.
(24DrDcb) Lynn A. BP2: You have a great day, and thank you for being a DISH Network customer.
David Jenkins: aloha
(24DrDcb) Lynn A. BP2: Bye.

I logged into my account and got this message when I clicked on the "add/change programming" radio button:

Programming changes are not available through online support. To make programming changes please call 1-888-884-2741.

I wince at the idea of calling dish. It always seems to take a lot of time and life energy to educate the csr's about what's currently happening. Too bad they don't visit this site.;)

I just noticed on my online account "activity since last statement" I have extra charges. I have Classic Gold 250, HBO, and Gold HD. It used to show up as 3 premium bundle but now they are separate and there are extra charges. Are they not grandfathering the bundle discount for existing customers any longer???

After reading these posts for a couple of weeks, and deciding to just let it be, today I started to get that "Oh Sh^t!" feeling I get occasionally with DISH. So I called. I got a person with an accent where I usually ask for US support. For some reason today I didn't. So I told him that I had been reading all this doom and gloom about channel changes on August 1st, making it sound worse than it actually is, and asked if he could shed some light on the Platinum HD package. He asked for a couple of minutes to research this. Actually he did this twice. No prob. He returned and said that Platnimum HD will be added to my Gold HD for free on the 1st and that I have to do nothing. I asked for written confirmation, as I have had to in the past to CYA, but he said that he had no resources to do that, but not to worry. I said so after Midnight on the 31st these channels will be available to me? He said, Yes.

So . . . .

I have classic 250 with gold HD add on and do not have the channels, yet

I went to online chat and they changed me over to the new HD/Platinum add on, this is my Programming on the site now:

Current Programming:
Classic Gold 250

Local Channels:
Superstation Package, Atlanta, GA DMA Package

Premium Channels:
1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, HBO

International or Ala Carte Add-ons:
HD & Platinum, Fox Sports South, SportSouth, DISH Home Protection Plan, DISH DVR Service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts