Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

.HDNet Movies - Reruns of nothing special

Stargate, Spartacus, Bullitt, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Natural , Lawrence of Arabia, Field of Dreams, American Graffiti, Blazing Saddles, A Nightmare On Elm Street ... only place to see them in HD...nothing special :) ---HDNet movies has movies that play the BEFORE they're released to the theaters too. This was the only channel I really missed when I dropped Platinum last year.

MGM Movies is also pretty good, but I find their movies, in general, to be second-rate.

See ya
Tony

I just checked my account and under recent activity:

08/02 STATE TAXES $1.44

08/02 HBO & SHOWTIME 08/01 TO 09/05 $25.66

08/02 HD & PLATINUM 08/01 TO 09/05 $11.66

with a balance of $39.30

my math shows $38.76 .54 diff?

I have the silver 200 with silver hd and had them do the Platinum add-on Saturday night.
I am also a new customer since 7-06-09. Paid last bill on 7-27-09 for the amount of 86.54 for 2 months. I have the HBO-SHO free for 3 mo and CIN for .01

Did I screw up by adding the Plat? I'm going to have have a chat to figure this out...
They must have the same guy counting your amount due that does the count of HD channels. :rolleyes:

Nope its not.:confused:
Funny...on mine it is. I even cleared the cache.

Also of interest is that it isn't even showing Platinum available for a charge for existing customers. This company just cannot get its act together. C'mon Charlie...maybe it's time for yet another CMO to straighten up that marketing group.

Why does Dish screw up every opportunity to act like a world class company with its customers? Scott, do you have any contacts to verify what is going on?
I am hearing my official contacts are mad at me at the moment.

They should be mad at themselves, they are the ones who screwed up their website, it wasn't me. I just saw the words they had on their website and reported on them. It was Dish Networks screwup.

SatelliteGuys has always been first and foremost about the consumer. And if I can find legal ways for people to save money or get more from their satellite service then I will report it.

I don't work for Dish Network, I work for you guys.

BTW I tried updating my MultiChannel column from today to note that they updated their website and I can't get in to make the changes. I have been trying for the last two hours now. :(

I am bundled with Embarq telephone. Called CSR today and told her as a Classic 250 with gold hd customer, I was supposed to get what was known as platinum hd added at no charge. She said you are absolutely correct and I had it in 15 seconds.:D

I don't work for Dish Network, I work for you guys.
Scott, it is greatly appreciated. It is not your fault Dish screws up. However, they should have stuck with it as is. I am constantly amazed at this company's inept behavior. Funny thing is they even have their CSRs handing it out, as evidenced by my experience. They obviously didn't think it through before rolling it out.

I am hearing my official contacts are mad at me at the moment.
Again I say rhetorically speaking, "Unbelievable!" What can they possibly be mad about? Publishing and discussing and trying to figure out what the Dish press release actually meant? For suggesting the drop and add ploy?

I would guess that what you interpret as "mad" is actually embarrassment. Your contacts should be embarrassed when it becomes plain that they are as clueless as the rest of us, even after Aug 1 has come and gone and thousands of existing customers (including myself) got the channels formerly known as Platinum HD for free.

Here is the thing... I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN and I tried to warn them. I even wrote about it in my July 17th MultiChannel Column.

Yet with all that it still happned and it was worse then what I wrote.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? This is a Fortune 500 company!

Charlie if you want me to consult for you, you have my number...

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN? This is a Fortune 500 company!
I would guess the chain of command is fuzzy in the middle, with multiple mid-level mis-managers who can countermand each other. There needs to be some form of binding arbitration from the next management level above the squabbling parties, in order to impose one final, consistent, decision.

I would guess the chain of command is fuzzy in the middle, with multiple mid-level mis-managers who can countermand each other. There needs to be some form of binding arbitration from the next management level above the squabbling parties, in order to impose one final, consistent, decision.
Sadly, the inept managers will find some low level employee to blame and show them the door.

How can anyone be surprised by the way Dish operates? All you need to do is watch one Charlie Chat to see how inept this company is starting at the VERY TOP.

Hmmmmmm..... interesting things going on. Glad I got in when I did. I hope my dad took my advice before they change their minds completely.

S~

It would be real nice if a company could know what its marketing plan is going to be BEFORE they announce their plans. And it would only make sense for said company to figure out details BEFORE the date of the new promotion.

The more complicated the offer, the more you are going to piss off a good portion of your customer base.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)