Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

I'd like to thank Scott and this forum for providing the info that made it possible for me (and others) to save $10/month and keep the same programming! :)

This is one of the things I like best about running SatelliteGuys. And that is helping save our members COLD HARD CASH!

$120 a year savings isnt too bad now is it?

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys Members! :D

Just switched a relative from GoldHD to GoldHD + Platinum. Easiest thing I've ever done with Dish, the chat lasted all of 2 minutes.

Well, you all must have paved the way, because I had no problem confirming that I would no longer be charged for the PlatinumHD. Carol S. kept saying "Absolutely Yes".

esteps

Took a total of FIVE MINUTES from the time I picked up the phone and turned on the 211 to find my Classic 250 + Gold HD was now Classic 250 + Gold HD with free Platinum.

Way to go Scott!!!!

Do any of you who have switched to the HD+Plat pack today have any premium bundles? Are you not worried about the price increase that will now happen on your account with the switch from DVR Advantage to "with DVR" plan?

Ok! I just used the Dish Chat to have my Platinum HD switched to no charge. Went real simple, 1,2,3.
Then I said I had a question about my bill. (Little background here, I have a friend who used his credit card to secure Dish's equipment because I don't have a credit card...this was set up with a 3-way call between Dish, my friend, & me. The actual bill is in my name and is paid by my debit card on auto pay.) The CSR said he couldn't talk to me about the bill. My friend "will have to call or chat to add you as an authorized user to discuss the billing, I am sorry".. This is a new policy as of today.
Now stop & think...all I have to do is go back to chat and give my friend's name and I can "chat" about the bill.
Has Dish always made things this difficult for it's subscribers?:eek:
Take care all,
Ghpr13:)

Easy enough- they asked for description of what you would assistance with- I wrote" I would like to add Platinum HD."
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Carol S.
(03) Carol S: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Carol S: Thank you for your patience.
(03) Carol S: I will be glad to help you with this.
(03) Carol S: Roger, I will be glad to help you with this.
(03) Carol S: For account security purposes, can I please verify the full name and address with zip code that is on the account?
Roger LeBlanc: ****
Roger LeBlanc: **********
(03) Carol S: Thank you.
(03) Carol S: I have checked the information for you.
(03) Carol S: I see that you can get Platinum HD package.
Roger LeBlanc: Great
(03) Carol S: I have made the changes on the account. Please allow 10-15 minutes for the changes to take effect.
Roger LeBlanc: Thanks Carol.
(03) Carol S: You're very welcome.
(03) Carol S: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Roger LeBlanc: Very much so, thanks again.
(03) Carol S: You're very welcome.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
(03) Carol S: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

Well, you all must have paved the way, because I had no problem confirming that I would no longer be charged for the PlatinumHD. Carol S. kept saying "Absolutely Yes".

esteps

I just chatted with Carol S. as well. I signed up for the Platinum free for 3 months and asked her what will happen when the 3 months or up. She confirmed after the 3 free months I will not be charged for Platinum.

Ken

I just chatted with Carol S. as well. I signed up for the Platinum free for 3 months and asked her what will happen when the 3 months or up. She confirmed after the 3 free months I will not be charged for Platinum.

Ken

Interesting that they signed you up for 3 mo free on a package that is Free to all HD subscribers effective today. Did she say or did you ask why not just add it permanently free?

we'll see with next month's billing... but went without a hitch through on line chat. We had the platinum still on the account but they gave no hassle. The rep said " I see you are wanting to get the Platinum pkg. for free? I'll take care of that for you"

Ok, I am totally confused. Are these channels going to be activated automatically or so we have to request them? For that matter, what channels are these that we are supposed to get? I currently have Gold HD and Classic Gold 250 so would I get anything out of this whole fiasco?

Ok, I am totally confused. Are these channels going to be activated automatically or so we have to request them? For that matter, what channels are these that we are supposed to get? I currently have Gold HD and Classic Gold 250 so would I get anything out of this whole fiasco?
You get the following HD channels for no extra charge. :)

leftNav_grfx_02.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts