Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

What live chat link are you guys having so much luck with? I talked to someone after clicking "Current Customer Programming Change" and was told that for TurboHD customers "the channels will be added automatically" and since I wasn't seeing them already I have to call and talk to the executive team... whatever that is.

just chatted online. at first she said it was only for new customers, but after talking with her coach, she said since i was a long time customer she would add it for free.
Thats a bogus answer. Show me online where it says its for new customers only. :)

Must of just had a shift change over there. :D :D

Well, my Platinum HD channels are not activated after 15 minutes. I did a reboot an nothing. I think Kenneth C. stiffed me...

I got the same bogus answer. She then said they would give it to me free for 3 months but I said no and wanted it free like new customers. She said she talked to a supervisor and then gave it to me for free. I already had Platinum HD so I saved 10 bucks a month. Thanks Scott. Most regular folks with Platinum HD have no clue!

Looks like they are having some troubles with their website...

I just tried logging in to check my account and am getting pure unparsed HTML code instead of the webpage I am supposed to be seeing.

Hard to believe that a Fortune 200 company can't even stage and upgrade their website correctly.

What's an Absolute HD ($29.99) subscriber to do?

Current missing: BET HD, Encore HD (E), FOX Business Network HD, FOX News Channel HD, FX HD, MSNBC HD, MTV HD, NICK HD, SPEED HD and VH1 HD.

Whats the cheapest package to get the "Over 80 HD and the (special bonus) free platinum HD"?

Last edited:
Platinum With Turbo GOLD ?

I just added the Platinum HD pack to my Turbo Gold account. I was surprised as I surfed the channels when I found that I also have FOX News HD!!!!!!
Just want to confirm you have TURBO Gold and you were able to add on Platinum pack.I was told this wasnt suppossed to happen,but if you got it.Please confirm !

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Raymond K.
(03) Raymond K: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
Ken : thank you
(03) Raymond K: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Raymond K: Thank you.
(03) Raymond K: I have made the changes on the account. Please allow 10-15 minutes for the changes to take effect.
Ken : not a problem
(03) Raymond K: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
Ken : Raymond thank you so much for taking care of this so quickly
(03) Raymond K: You're very welcome.
Ken : yes you have
(03) Raymond K: My pleasure.
Ken : have a good day !!
(03) Raymond K: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
(03) Raymond K: At Dish Network, we are dedicated to providing world class service to our valued customers. You will have the opportunity, at the end of this chat, to rate how well I have provided you with exceptional service.
Please take this brief survey to rate the impact I had on your issue.

Boy that was easy, a couple of minutes while he looked up my account and done. They must be doing a lot of these.

Ken

Interesting that they signed you up for 3 mo free on a package that is Free to all HD subscribers effective today. Did she say or did you ask why not just add it permanently free?

Sorry.... I did not sign up for the free 3 months today. I signed up a few weeks ago.

I wanted to know what will happen after the 3 months was up.

Just to add my experience ... I called earlier today (before noon) and asked about the Platinum package charge. After a minute I was told that I could get a $10 credit for the next 12 months. I asked if this made sense since I have been paying for this package for over a year and now it was free. I was asked if I would hold and when the rep returned I was told that my account would now show the Platinum for free going forward (no credit for 12 months) and in addition I would receive a credit for $10/month (in addition). This results in a net saving of $20/month or $240 for the next year. All thanks to this website. Thanks everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts