Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

I have AEP + Gold HD, just did the chat thing and now I have the Platinum HD channels, no charge. Thanks. He said it was suppose to change automatically.

Keep the reports coming folks!

Remember where you heard about this first. Only here at SatelliteGuys!

Saving you money RULES! :D

I have a tech coming on Monday to swap out a receiver (don't know why they need to send a tech)...I tried to get Platinum for free tonight and they told me to ask again once I have my new receiver.

I have a tech coming on Monday to swap out a receiver (don't know why they need to send a tech)...I tried to get Platinum for free tonight and they told me to ask again once I have my new receiver.
That is correct, if they make a change to your account it will cancel the service call.

Dumb system, but has been that way forever.

Ran into that problem 4 years ago when they were coming out to install a new 105 superdish for my locals.

What's an Absolute HD ($29.99) subscriber to do?

Current missing: BET HD, Encore HD (E), FOX Business Network HD, FOX News Channel HD, FX HD, MSNBC HD, MTV HD, NICK HD, SPEED HD and VH1 HD.

Whats the cheapest package to get the "Over 80 HD and the (special bonus) free platinum HD"?

Good question.:tux:

I read the first post an now my head hurts :eek:

Like to have FX HD, MSNBC HD, NICK HD,.......................but for now I'm staying pact

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have the Classic Gold 250 plus Gold HD and Platinum HD, along with the superstations and locals. I get all of the premiums, HBO/Cinemax/Starz/Showtime/Playboy. I believe I get a "deal" by getting all of those premium channels.

If I call and ask for the $10 Platimum removal, do I get hammered on the "deal" for all of the premiums? If I keep paying the $10, does that keep the "deal" for the premiums?

What is the best course of action?

THANKS

Used the chat link Scott posted, asked about Plat hd, CSR-Ray said I could get it for no charge, said OK...They were lit up right away.

I just had Dish installed on 7-06-09 with Silver + Silver HD

I'm happy,

Thanks guys.

I have DVRA + AT250 upgrade + HD upgrade, which I guess is going away now. Did an online chat with Jason S. and he added HD Platinum immediately. I guess they are getting a lot of requests for this today as he knew about it immediately. Hopefully they will take care of all customers automatically in the coming days.

Call executive office...

My second discussion with a CSR about getting Platinum added to my TurboHD Silver

Yes, I understand how the cost is set up but I don't understand why all other HD packages are getting Platinum free and Turbos are not getting it free. Do you know?
(03) Simon V.: I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
(03) Simon V.: If you wish you can speak with our Executive Department about your concern.
(03) Simon V.: I am sorry we are not authorized.
(03) Simon V.: You can speak with the Executive Department by calling us at 1-800-333-3474. :rant:

My second discussion with a CSR about getting Platinum added to my TurboHD Silver

Yes, I understand how the cost is set up but I don't understand why all other HD packages are getting Platinum free and Turbos are not getting it free. Do you know?
(03) Simon V.: I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
(03) Simon V.: If you wish you can speak with our Executive Department about your concern.
(03) Simon V.: I am sorry we are not authorized.
(03) Simon V.: You can speak with the Executive Department by calling us at 1-800-333-3474. :rant:
Did you try this online or on the phone? I made a phone call. Was not a problem. I have the channels now at no additional cost.

Just did the chat and everything went well. Got the platinum HD added plus the one penny cinemax. Didn't get the HBO/Showtime deal as he said I had already participated in a HBO/Starz deal (10-12 years ago) but I didn't complain.
Nothing has come on yet but he promised 10-15 minutes.

SImon V. just handled mine, also. No problems. I'll just check my account Monday to see what changes were actually made.

S~

Ok, so... I have TurboHD Bronze. I just called and requested the free Platinum HD upgrade... The rep reviewed my account and confirmed I qualified and added it to my account. Within a few minutes, the channels were live in my Guide! Thanks Dish! :)

However, I also inquired about an extension on the penny Cinemax as my first year is up later this month. The rep indicated that it is scheduled to expire in August and does not extend. I'm not sure why the other rep I talked to about my parents account saw that their promo would continue and mine will not. My account was new last August, and their account was an upgrade and commitment renewal. I'm assuming either the two reps have different info available to them, or Cinemax promo is ending for TurboHD customers, but not for Classic customers.

*** EDIT!!! Don't get too excited, TurboHD customers. I just found a whole mess of additional channels, in addition to Platinum. I think he upgraded me to the Classic Bronze HD package! I'm gonna have to call back to see what's what. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts