Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

I think all CSRs I talked and chatted with already got the memo Scott posted.

They won't do it for existing subs on all my calls/chats.

Glad most of you guys got it, but I can't.

1. The subscription TV industry always includes offers for new customers that existing customers do not receive.
Excuses. Does this make it right in this case? And you can only be a new customer once with Dish. If you have ever had service, you are an existing customer.

Maybe they should pass out some of those aprons to appease everyone! ;-/

Last edited:
Here's a screenshot if anybody wants it for the inevitable class action lawsuit...as you can see, I am logged into my account.

Attachments

• freeplatinum.jpg
    freeplatinum.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 314
As a TurboHD customer, if I log into the website to change programming if I select one of the Classic # packs the HD & Platinum is available to be chosen as an option.

For $18 difference between TurboHD Gold and the Classic 250 with HD + Platinum, I might give this some consideration.

1. The subscription TV industry always includes offers for new customers that existing customers do not receive.

There is a difference between a promotional incentive and making others pay for something that no longer exists. They are not offering new subs additional channels for less money; they are making existing subs pay extra for something that no longer exist.

So the question remains. If PlatinumHD is no longer available as an add on and they only want to give "HD + Platinum" to new customers, how do the millions of existing customers gain access to those 9 channels?

So the question remains. If PlatinumHD is no longer available as an add on and they only want to give "HD + Platinum" to new customers, how do the millions of existing customers gain access to those 9 channels?
By paying extra for a package that no longer exist. ;)

By paying extra for a package that no longer exist. ;)

Sure if they already have it but how does a person without Platinum gain access to those channels?

Say next month someone decides that they really want HDNet Movies (seems to be the channel everyone wants). How do they get it? PlatinumHD line item is gone.

I just used the chat feature to add the Platinum HD package to my subscription at no additional charge, so it's still available for some customers.

Scott

Well, I decided to try chat once more, and even though it is not showing it in my online account yet, the csr told me that I do have Platinum and Gold HD for $10.

So, I'll check it again tomorrow, and when the bill comes in.

Say next month someone decides that they really want HDNet Movies (seems to be the channel everyone wants). How do they get it? PlatinumHD line item is gone.

It appears that it is still available, but only if you still have another grandfathered package. It's like two parallel universes. Once you cross into the other, the first is no longer visible.

My Platinum checkbox was still visible this afternoon, but didn't disappear until I went into the chat. Someone just said it was still there for Turbo subscribers.

Likewise, the Turbo options disappeared for me on Saturday, but I bet it still shows up for those who have it.

Sure if they already have it but how does a person without Platinum gain access to those channels?

You want me to explain Dish packages when they cannot even explain them and others cannot decipher them??? :D:p

Just when Dish starts to simplify their packages, they add another confusing twist at the same time.

The sad thing about this is that E* had a chance to turn this into a great deal for the customers. They had two weeks to get ramped up for the website change, and to nail down what they were going to do and for who they were going to do it for. Instead they sh*t and fell back in it.

Yay! I'm not crazy! Well, not about this, anyway.

People should put that link into the chats if anyone tries to shut you out. And I don't know if it would work online, but the magic word is always "Supervisor".

One thing...I went in saying "Is there any way I can get this same deal?" I gave him the option of saying no, rather than walking in with demands. Even though he was arguing with me about what was on the website, it never escalated beyond polite requests and thank-yous. These guys don't make the rules and they didn't design the website, but they do appear to have the ability to make judgment calls.

I got it tonight through chat. I just asked what was the price of hd platinum and he told me it was free now and he would add that to my package. It was on in about 10 mins. I had hd gold already. Simple as could be. :)

I have confirmed that it is STILL online at America's Top 100 Package - Over 100 Channels From DISH Network

Keep calling them they need to honor what they advertise.

Well, that just encouraged me to try again and this time they added it immediately without any qualms. Perhaps mentioning that you see that on the website helps.

Oh, and for those of you on the annual packages, I was previously told I had to switch to monthly, but not this time. I suppose I should wait to see the channels in my guide.

TazmanianD: I see on your website that the Platinum HD channels are now included Free with any HD package. Since I have the Gold HD add-on, can I get the platinum channels added?
(03) Hepsibah T.: As you have been a good customer, I will go ahead and add Platinum for free on your account.
(03) Hepsibah T.: It has been added.
(03) Hepsibah T.: You will get this services within 10 minutes.
TazmanianD: Excellent! Thank you very much!

Well, I decided to try chat once more, and even though it is not showing it in my online account yet, the csr told me that I do have Platinum and Gold HD for $10.

So, I'll check it again tomorrow, and when the bill comes in.
I did it online chat sunday night but it didnt show on my account until tues a.m.
Wait another day then check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts