DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What will they do if there is not an announcement and ESPN just stays on Dish like nothing happened?
what if they just put a notice up (like KBS and cloo).."Dish network has reviewed its programming options and has not decided to renew a contract to carry this channel"

what if they just put a notice up (like KBS and cloo).."Dish network has reviewed its programming options and has not decided to renew a contract to carry this channel"

I bet if that were to happen ESPN would be running a scroll... Something tells me that with just 1 business day left and no scrolls, websites, press releases, etc. the deal is done and it will be business as usual on Tuesday.

Yea, George is a good ole boy isn't he.

I just can't sleep, can't eat, I'm so worried that Disney might go away so I can't watch Austin & Ally - what am I gonna do!!!

Ok guys enough with the politics. Remember we have a no politics rule here at SatelliteGuys. I wouldn't want to have to ban someone especially when I know they are kidding around. Thanks for your understanding!

Pay for something you don't watch

I have read a lot about ESPN watchers not wanting to pay for channels they don't watch and vise versa. So not that I really care about ESPN myself because if they really think they are worth the 6 to 8 bucks they think they are worth it wouldn't matter to them if they were a la carte or not. But, anyway let me put this up. A welcome pack plus 20 bucks for ESPN and other sports or Welcome pack Plus 20 Bucks for something between 120 and 200 without sports. Then you can add 10 buck to the package for either package to get the channels plus sports. Yeah I know the numbers don't quite add up. I am just trying to put up a discussion on this sort of package deal.

Ok guys enough with the politics. Remember we have a no politics rule here at SatelliteGuys. I wouldn't want to have to ban someone especially when I know they are kidding around. Thanks for your understanding!
agree, there's a time and a place to discuss politics online, but this isn't the time or the place. let's get back on topic on the possible next chapter of Disney and Dish's strange love/hate story. i hope we get more good news in the coming days instead of the dreaded "this channel is no longer on dish network" slate and important info description on the TV Guide on the receivers. i'm ready for Dish to put this Disney legal mess behind them and settle all disputes with them ending it just like they did with the AMC Networks last year.

I have read a lot about ESPN watchers not wanting to pay for channels they don't watch and vise versa. So not that I really care about ESPN myself because if they really think they are worth the 6 to 8 bucks they think they are worth it wouldn't matter to them if they were a la carte or not...........

It's ALL that matters being in the package or A La Carte. If it cost $6 in a package, where by far most subscribers are paying for it, then A La Carte with far fewer paying for it, it could cost over $10, and that might be a conservative estimate. ESPN can't just all of sudden get by with that many less people paying their $6. It's why ESPN or the Sports Networks (RSN's) can't possibly agree to be A La Carte as things stand today.
It's also a good illustration of why people are fooled into thinking the amount less their cost would be if channels were A La Carte. But also an illustration that the unequal cost of Sports does drive up the packages.

Last edited:
I have read a lot about ESPN watchers not wanting to pay for channels they don't watch and vise versa. So not that I really care about ESPN myself because if they really think they are worth the 6 to 8 bucks they think they are worth it wouldn't matter to them if they were a la carte or not. But, anyway let me put this up. A welcome pack plus 20 bucks for ESPN and other sports or Welcome pack Plus 20 Bucks for something between 120 and 200 without sports. Then you can add 10 buck to the package for either package to get the channels plus sports. Yeah I know the numbers don't quite add up. I am just trying to put up a discussion on this sort of package deal.
I would guess it would be more like $50 and I would like to see if many of the diehard's would be willing to pay. I would guess a good percentage of them wouldn't. :eek:
Talk is cheap, bring on the a la carte. :D

everyone forgetting one thing . we want find out if its settled till wed. oct.2 when they do a uplink goes up

Well you would have to think that discussions have been moving along. You can bet that if things were not looking good scrolls would be plastered all over ESPN especially over the weekend as college football is going on

Well I hope this will all be resolved and at least by Tuesday we can find out if Disney/ABC/ESPN will all be back in HD.

Then we can all speculate on when we will be able to actually view the HD channels.

I would guess it would be more like $50 and I would like to see if many of the diehard's would be willing to pay. I would guess a good percentage of them wouldn't. :eek:
Talk is cheap, bring on the a la carte. :D

I bet the rate would be lower, but so would be the amount that ESPN pays for their content and eventually athlete's pay...

And what if it's the old 'no agreement has been reached but negotiations have been extended' line?

I'm just chillin' out and hoping for the best.

Well ESPN is on right now and that's all that really matters today. Tomorrow's a different day and so is Monday. Enjoy watching it today and we will see what tomorrow brings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts