Dish receiver kaput after elec company shuts down then turns power back on for city power upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Can you recommend a brand of UPS? I just had a standby generator installed at my home and would like to have all my sensitive electronics connected to a good UPS in case of a power surge.

I’ve had good luck with APC. We have rack mounted APC’s at work, and I have 2 APC residential models at home which I bought at Sam’s Club

The saga drags to an end...
update:

Welp, I finally had some time to contact Dish about getting a replacement unit. They transferred me first to tech support. Asked me some basic questions like did I have the unit plugged in....hah.

Several times I said the unit was completely dead, so they gave up and asked for my dad's address for sending a new unit.

There will be a return address label for returning the failed unit and $15 shipping fee added to my account.

I said that sucks. Can you waive the fee for a loyal customer?

Agent said, I'm sorry but no. You can sign up for $8.99 Dish Protect. I said I wasn't interested in the other services (ID prot, virus prot, etc), so no thanks.

They said I would have to pay the fee. I said that sucks.

So, agent said they would give me a one time courtesy waiver of the fee.

I thanked them profusely and left great survey feedback. They said the replacement would arrive in about 4 days.

Tada!

Pretty sad that they want you to pay shipping on equipment that they own. It's not like you're going to be subscribing to their service without it!

Pretty sad that they want you to pay shipping on equipment that they own. It's not like you're going to be subscribing to their service without it!
Swallow your pride and think how much more you could be charged. Is $15 that much with todays UPS/FedEx charges

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts