Dish Reciever & Antenna Help!

KC9RMU

Original poster
May 8, 2012
Noblesville, Indiana
I am wanting to find a reciever to connect 2 tv's in my camper. Attached is a pic that I drew up to give you an idea of what I want to do. My questions are as follows.

1. What is the best reciever to get to be able to connect 2 tv's? It must have the UHF remote option as a line of site remote will not work for tv 1. I dont need a dvr but it would be nice, HD not required as well as I plan to go with the pay as you go plan for my rv.

2. is there a certain type of splitter or filter that i need in betweeen the catv jack and tv 2 as pictured?

3. I want to be able to watch two different shows at the same time on both tvs.

4. I have done the hole tri-pod dish in the past and want to go with either an automatic carry out type or something mounted on top of my RV. In motion not required. What model do you recommend for the two tv watch at the same time differnt tv channels?

All help is greatly appriciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 186
1) 722 if you want a DVR, 222 if you do not

2) So long as there is nothing that "shares" the cable line to the TV2 location, nothing should be needed.

3) 722 and 222 will do this

4) The automatic dishes typically only look at 1 satellite at a time, which will likely cause problems when trying to watch on two separate TVs. I would go with one that uses an actual DISH system, just automatically points it for you (sorry, don't know any specific models)

Thanks Matt for the FAST reply. Another question in response of item #4 I am not clear on what you mean by DISH System, can you explain a little more?

There are systems that will use a dish satellite, and automatically point it (uses DISH reflector, and LNB). I recommend these because they will get you signal from all necessary satellites, and both TVs hooked to the receiver would be able to watch a show without any trouble.

Satellite RV - Winegard TRAV'LER Automatic Multi-Satellite HDTV Antennas

I am looking at the back of the 722 and it appears there is two inputs for the satellite dish, is there some type of splitter that allows this to go to 1 cable to the satellite?

So if i understand you correctly when I buy the 722 its going to come with 1 IR remote and 1 UHF remote, but I can purchase another UHF remote to run 2 UHF Remotes to controll 2 tv's at the same time without having any issues with one remote changing the channel on the other tv?

I am looking at the back of the 722 and it appears there is two inputs for the satellite dish, is there some type of splitter that allows this to go to 1 cable to the satellite?

So long as you have a DPP (DishPro Plus) LNB, you can use a DPP Separator (different than a normal splitter)

So if i understand you correctly when I buy the 722 its going to come with 1 IR remote and 1 UHF remote, but I can purchase another UHF remote to run 2 UHF Remotes to controll 2 tv's at the same time without having any issues with one remote changing the channel on the other tv?

Correct

1 remote should have the "1" tab, and the other should have the "2" tab facing out. Also make sure the switch next to the batteries is on the "UHF" side.

Take the remotes to the receiver, and press system info.

On the remote, press the SAT button, and then press record a couple times. This should address the remote to the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)