DISH releases Hopper Duo Smart DVR

I should have included that requirement. But I don’t recall- will the duo support more than one joey?

Yup... if your External breaks, or goes missing, or anything like that, the normal functions for the Wally will continue to work. You can also interchange the HD that gives it the ability to be used as a DVR regularly. I am really just playing semantics here, but it is technically not a DVR even with the eHD. It is a non DVR with dVR capabilities.

Reactions: JSheridan
The Wally is a single tuner receiver... No better than the 211K that I have now. Looking for a two tuner that you can watch and record at the same time...
Gerry
As already discussed, the Wally is two-tuner now. If you do not want to fool with an external hard drive, Dish recently clarified that they will still reactivate ViP DVRs (such as a ViP722k) on existing subscribers' accounts. It is just that new subscribers are no longer allowed to sign up for service with a ViP DVR. Some members have reported success (although none recently) with getting a ViP DVR activated in an RV, tied to a Hopper account at home. So, that may be another approach to try. I would still recommend the Wally though.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts