Dish Remote Access for iPad updated today 11/30/2010

Just checked the app store and it doesn't show up as an update. It says all my apps are up to date and that the dish remote access for ipad is already installed. Did you have to remove the app to get an updated version?

Just checked the app store and it doesn't show up as an update. It says all my apps are up to date and that the dish remote access for ipad is already installed. Did you have to remove the app to get an updated version?

I haven't installed it yet. (My iPad is at home!) It is showing as available for download in iTunes software on my Mac.

Something that concerns me is the fact that they make no mention of Slingboxes. The description says you need a 922 or a 722/722K with a "Sling Adapter accessory". I'll have to wait & see if my Slingbox Solo works when I get home... I will be bummed if it doesn't work!

Interesting. I have my iPad with me, but the computer I sync with is at home. I guess I'll plug it in when I get home and see if it takes the update.

Something that concerns me is the fact that they make no mention of Slingboxes. The description says you need a 922 or a 722/722K with a "Sling Adapter accessory". I'll have to wait & see if my Slingbox Solo works when I get home... I will be bummed if it doesn't work!

Because you need the $30 Slingplayer HD that was released last week.

It does not show the update in the iTunes store. When I click on app store on my iPad it does not show a new version of dish remote access. How are folks getting this update?

I updated the app but my receiver (922) has a yellow status when I try to view live TV. If I try to watch a program on my DVR the status changes to green but get an error message saying it cant connect and try again. Anyone else have this problem? If I access it through the Sling Mobile app it works.

Last edited:
If you go to the DISH Remote Access Website you can go in and see your receivers and actually reboot them from remote. That has fixed the issue for me. :)

So, does anyone know how to get a regular slingbox connected using dishonline?? I log in to dishonline, and under "my account" there's a link for "connect a slingbox" next to each receiver. I click on that, put in my sling account details and click submit...and nothing happens. tried different browsers, spoken to several people in chat who say they'll submit a ticket to get it fixed, but I've been trying for 3 weeks now. Does it work for anyone??

It does work (great) with a Slingbox Solo connected to a 722. I don't understand why Sling and Dish don't explain how to do this. You have to log onto your Dishonline Account from your computer, click My Account and then pair your Slingbox to your DVR. Took me forever to figure this out but once I got it, I can watch TV on my android and now my Ipad through the Dish Remote Access program.

And here's the best part - you change channels through the Guide independent of the IR Remote on your DVR so, presumably, you can Sling from TV2 on the722 without having to convert the UHF remote to IR.

Last edited:
It does work (great) with a Slingbox Solo connected to a 722. I don't understand why Sling and Dish don't explain how to do this. You have to log onto your Dishonline Account from your computer, click My Account and then pair your Slingbox to your DVR. Took me forever to figure this out but once I got it, I can watch TV on my android and now my Ipad through the Dish Remote Access program.

I've been trying to do this for 3 weeks now...how did you get it to work? I get as far as putting in my sling creds, and it just does nothing. Tried IE, Firefox, Chrome, nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

Scott where is the button to remotely reboot? I cannot find it.
You need to go to DISH Remote Access on DISh Networks website, once in there is a place for options, then receivers (this is where you can pair your Slingbox with your receiver) and on that page where the receivers are listed you can reboot your receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)