Dish review

4311wade

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 25, 2021
Charleston West Virginia
Has anyone ever installed/reviewed one of these?
IMG_0035.png

It looks like a conventional 39" dish. Quality appears reasonable. It has support arms for the LNB arm which is good. You should get good results from this size of dish. Will it be a fixed dish or do you plan to install a motor with it?

Reactions: FTA4PA
It looks like a conventional 39" dish. Quality appears reasonable. It has support arms for the LNB arm which is good. You should get good results from this size of dish. Will it be a fixed dish or do you plan to install a motor with it?
No motor on this one.
I need to work on the art of setting everything correctly and using my Sat Hero for signal strength.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Beautuful! It has no rust either. Mine has lots. I bet you can even read the scales on the bracket. It should be easy to line up to a satellite. Which satellite will you go for? But it looks lonely with no motor.
It sold as new but there are some light signs of previous install. What satellite would you recommend in North America?

Nice looking install! I am suprised both the dish and LNB look quite different than shown in the ebay listing. Usually that upsets people..advertise one thing, send something else. Its s nice looking dish, why not show what it really looks like in the ebay pictures? Anyways, I would go for Eutelsat 117W, the old Orby Mux has some good programming.

Nice looking install! I am suprised both the dish and LNB look quite different than shown in the ebay listing. Usually that upsets people..advertise one thing, send something else. Its s nice looking dish, why not show what it really looks like in the ebay pictures? Anyways, I would go for Eutelsat 117W, the old Orby Mux has some good programming.
Thanks for the recommendation. This dish will be on it’s own receiver theV9 by GTMEDIA.
image.jpg

Reactions: Hyper Casey
My first choice would be 99W. Lots of PBS and news feeds. But I'd quickly add a second LNB beside the one at the focus to catch 103W at the same time. 103W has a huge selection of commercial-free music channels if you can manually add audio PIDs or use an editor to do so. Check Lyngsat. We play them frequently.

Explore the arc. With a new dish that size you can catch most of what's available.

My first choice would be 99W. Lots of PBS and news feeds. But I'd quickly add a second LNB beside the one at the focus to catch 103W at the same time. 103W has a huge selection of commercial-free music channels if you can manually add audio PIDs or use an editor to do so. Check Lyngsat. We play them frequently.

Explore the arc. With a new dish that size you can catch most of what's available.
I’m intrigued two LMB’s???
FactoryTwin LNB mount?
DIY twin LNB mount?
You have my attention.

Reactions: Hyper Casey
I’m intrigued two LMB’s???
FactoryTwin LNB mount?
DIY twin LNB mount?
You have my attention.

You can add a 2nd and even a 3rd LNB (or more) to a stationary dish. The sats will need to be spaced at least 4 degrees apart. For instance you can get 97 and 101, but not 99 and 101. I am not sure how far apart they can be but someone here knows (i think +/- 10.0 deg??). Check this out where you can get everything you need to add a 2nd LNB to a fixed Ku dish and be set-up to add a 3rd if you want:

Attachments

• s-l960.jpg
    s-l960.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 23
You can add a 2nd and even a 3rd LNB (or more) to a stationary dish. The sats will need to be spaced at least 4 degrees apart. For instance you can get 97 and 101, but not 99 and 101. I am not sure how far apart they can be but someone here knows (i think +/- 10.0 deg??). Check this out where you can get everything you need to add a 2nd LNB to a fixed Ku dish and be set-up to add a 3rd if you want:

That is awesome!
Thanks for the education!
I’ll look into possibilities for my location.

Reactions: cyberham