Dish satellite on Direct TV

mallard1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2016
arkansas
I just switched from dish to Direct tv and they are supposed to be installing it tomorrow at my house. I also use satellite on my camper. The person i spoke with on the phone with DTV said the dish brand tripod satellite for my camper will work with my new DTV box. is this correct? I don't remember the model dish i have other than it is grey and has three LNB. thanks for the help.

doubtful

oh if you want to use it in your camper, DO NOT let them give you an hs17 (aka genie 2)

hr24 for rv if you want a dvr, otherwise and h25

house hr54 for start
if you want 4k you need a c61k mini
if you want another dvr hr24
if you want another receiver h25
wireless would be c61w

hr54 only outputs 1080 video, just an fyi

Thank you for your help, i talked to DTV on the phone and i don't think she grasped what i'm trying to accomplish. I will talk to the tech tomorrow and worst case i'll just order the h25 for my third box.

My old dish antenna i made a stand with a pole coming up that a normal roof antenna would slide down onto. which DTV antenna do i need to get to do the same with this to work with the h25?

you can buy a tripod mount
look at solid signal for various rv options

also, if they give you an hs17, you cannot have any other receiver.
it will only work with minis, and you will have to move it from the house to the rv each time you want to use it

Thank you for all of your help with this. hopefully tomorrow i can have it all figured out and get the right stuff.

Is a DVR something you would find useful in the RV ?
If so, make sure you get an HR54 recvr (and the c61k for the 4k) and an HR24 would be a good fit in the RV, have them set it up in the home so it gets activated at home.

You'll need to make sure you have/get a SWM dish for the RV, this will allow the same set up to be used in the house as well as the RV, keeps it easier that way.

An H25 will work in the RV as well, but has no DVR .... your already paying for the DVR on your account, theres no reason Not to have one everywhere.

Well Direct TV came and installed my service at home which was a Genie and a Mini. the third receiver was also a mini so i did not have them leave it. I tried calling direct tv today and all the tech person on the phone would tell me is that my system will support up to so many mini's and thats what i need. I don't think he understood what I was telling him or cared what i had to say. Supposedly a supervisor was going to call back in an hour but that was 3 hours ago.

What is the best way to get a HR24 or H25? I've already gotten a new dish that is the same as they installed on my house and modified my base to accept the larger 2" pipe. were going camping this weekend so i would like to try it out. Thanks for all of the help so far.

Well Direct TV came and installed my service at home which was a Genie and a Mini. the third receiver was also a mini so i did not have them leave it. I tried calling direct tv today and all the tech person on the phone would tell me is that my system will support up to so many mini's and thats what i need. I don't think he understood what I was telling him or cared what i had to say. Supposedly a supervisor was going to call back in an hour but that was 3 hours ago.

What is the best way to get a HR24 or H25? I've already gotten a new dish that is the same as they installed on my house and modified my base to accept the larger 2" pipe. were going camping this weekend so i would like to try it out. Thanks for all of the help so far.

call and cancel within 24 hours!
otherwise your basically stuck with what you have, you agreed to it by signing the contract
if you got the hs17 (tower looking thing) you cannot have an nr24 or h25 on the account

Reactions: TheTechGuru

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)