Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

It's a close race, but my top three are:
Jan: Wild West DISH scape
Mar: Unexplained DISH scape
May: Spring Mountain DISH scape
I have to agree with you on the Wild West - there is something about it that is so simple that I really like.

It is really hard to come up with a top 3 because some of these Dish Scapes had different purposes. The Halloween one was very engaging because of how much was going on and that was good for a month. But if I were just playing in the background, I really like the Wild West, Spring Mountain, and Under the Sea. Here in the Chicago area, the November one with all the colored leaves didn't fit as the trees here have already changed colors and a lot have lost their leaves - that for me would have felt better in October. But it made so much more sense for that scary one in October.

Although, I prefer the natural background sounds of the current Christmas dish scape, the music is a nice (and predictable) addition. I do however, dislike the Silent Night version they selected. The singers first stanza is okay, but the second stanza with her having to be creative singing the words is just bad and doesn't fit with the setting. Drop the second stanza and let the dogs bark.

Reactions: grc
They have changed the Dishscape a little bit - there is some music in the background. Right now they are playing O Come Let us Adore Him and then it went to Silent Night.
There have been a couple of tunes that were weird. And some that just sound like Hallmark Channel movie background music. Usually at the end of the hour. But otherwise —-hurrraaaaay!

I have to agree with you on the Wild West - there is something about it that is so simple that I really like.

It is really hard to come up with a top 3 because some of these Dish Scapes had different purposes. The Halloween one was very engaging because of how much was going on and that was good for a month. But if I were just playing in the background, I really like the Wild West, Spring Mountain, and Under the Sea. Here in the Chicago area, the November one with all the colored leaves didn't fit as the trees here have already changed colors and a lot have lost their leaves - that for me would have felt better in October. But it made so much more sense for that scary one in October.
I really did adore the Wild Westscape for the reasons you stated!

What are your top three 2020 DISH Scapes?
Jan: Wild West DISH scape
Feb: Hollywood DISH scape
Mar: Unexplained DISH scape
Apr: Earth Day DISH scape
May: Spring Mountain DISH scape
Jun: Summer Escape Beach DISH scape
Jul: America's Heartland DISH scape
Aug: Under the Sea DISH scape
Sep: Alaskan Villiage DISH scape
Oct: Spooktacular DISH scape
Nov: Autumn Creek DISH scape
Dec: Merriest Month DISH scape
To be fair, I only discovered this channel in July. On the 4th actually when a couple friends were here and we were sitting around scrolling through stations. July was my favorite, as that is the month I (we) discovered it. I absolutely love fish and aquariums, so August would be my second favorite and October because there was so much activity and change throughout the month.

I would say - adding the music plus the northern lights sound effect, plus the owls howling and the dogs barking all around the same time does get to be too much.

Reactions: TheKrell