Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

Here's the shaky video of Bigfoot Santa...

Attachments

• 2020 ChristmasScape Bigfoot.gif
    2020 ChristmasScape Bigfoot.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 911
More useless information: actually there's been considerable discussion about the "sound" of the northern lights. Some insist that there's a hiss, others an occasional "clap." I don't think anyone has reported the celestial sounds we hear on dish scapes. Here's a link to a recording of the "clap" - Clap Sounds of Northern Lights? - Sound Source 70m Above Ground Level - YouTube
Wow awesome clip! I teach my student about the AB every December and I had not run into that info. I will definitely show that you tube clip in the next two weeks! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: grc
Anyone notice how the snow falls off in one big clump on the tree closest to us? The small one on the right lower side of the screen? It caught me off guard and I had to rewind it to see what exactly happened.

• Wow
Reactions: maggiedeahne
It appears that this month's offering, like last months, is a one and done with no changes during the month. (I know that they could prove me wrong at any time - I have no inside information.) I'm wondering if the new Gallery app has taken some of the emphasis off of Dish Scapes. They have lots of scenes available there...maybe the same production people are doing both and since people are paying extra for Gallery their people are putting their primary effort there. Just a thought.

It appears that this month's offering, like last months, is a one and done with no changes during the month. (I know that they could prove me wrong at any time - I have no inside information.) I'm wondering if the new Gallery app has taken some of the emphasis off of Dish Scapes. They have lots of scenes available there...maybe the same production people are doing both and since people are paying extra for Gallery their people are putting their primary effort there. Just a thought.
It depends on how much the channel owners are willing to pay for advertising space in the free Dish Scape. The last three scapes in a row have basically been hour-long commercials for the channel sponsoring them. AMC (October and December) and DIY (November). And let's not forget Discovery's Shark Week ad in the August scape. So, if the advertisers want to pay for extra effects, then Dish will add them. ;)

Just be happy you can go to Dish Scapes and just sit back and relax and watch it w/o trying to wait for something to happen. The Halloween Dish Scape drove me nuts because I'd be watching for something to happen. :coco

Now that we've seen a year of these DishScapes I think it would be interesting to have a vote of which ones were the best. My money would be on the October (Halloween) DishScape as the best, followed by the March (Unexplained) DishScape.
I liked the Wild West DISH scape and The Unexplained DISH scape.

What are your top three 2020 DISH Scapes?
Jan: Wild West DISH scape
Feb: Hollywood DISH scape
Mar: Unexplained DISH scape
Apr: Earth Day DISH scape
May: Spring Mountain DISH scape
Jun: Summer Escape Beach DISH scape
Jul: America's Heartland DISH scape
Aug: Under the Sea DISH scape
Sep: Alaskan Villiage DISH scape
Oct: Spooktacular DISH scape
Nov: Autumn Creek DISH scape
Dec: Merriest Month DISH scape