Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

I like the Dish Scapes this month. I have had it on for about 20 minutes - I like the natural sounds and the general vibe of this scene. But, like the end of last month, I can't record it. I recorded these 20 minutes, and it is saved on my hard drive, but when I go to play, it automatically jumps to the end and says "end of recording". I wish Dish would take whatever protection they have on that channel off. There was a QR code on the screen that I saw at the last minute and I wanted to go back and see it again so I could scan it once I had my phone, but no luck since I couldn't play back or get to my recording.

Reactions: TheKrell
I like the Dish Scapes this month. I have had it on for about 20 minutes - I like the natural sounds and the general vibe of this scene. But, like the end of last month, I can't record it. I recorded these 20 minutes, and it is saved on my hard drive, but when I go to play, it automatically jumps to the end and says "end of recording". I wish Dish would take whatever protection they have on that channel off. There was a QR code on the screen that I saw at the last minute and I wanted to go back and see it again so I could scan it once I had my phone, but no luck since I couldn't play back or get to my recording.

The no record/pause thing just seems unreasonable to me. Why should dish care whether I back up to see something better? It just frustrates me a bit and takes away some of the fun of watching it.

Yeah, the chimes are annoying. Well, my Wallys updated to W516 overnight and now, as others have noted, I can record but no longer play the Scape. I really hope that wasn't deliberate and it gets fixed in the next update. I sometimes nap to the jungle lagoon from last year and I would hate to loose that.

Is it just me, or does it look like there is an iguana or some type of lizard just hanging on the banana tree next to the bunch of bananas? I also am curious about the what sounds like a door shutting, but never see anything that could be making that sound.

I'm getting some macro blocking of the picture on 199, anyone else? What's with the S on the side of the volcano? Did I see a Yeti climb up the rope behind the tree house?

If you watch for the rope that goes from the tree house to the water wheel, the little box just to the right of the water wheel makes a door slamming noise shortly after the rope jiggles.

A yellow snake slithers along the tree limb to the right and a coco nut appears to fall into the top hut just before the cannon fires.

I was able to rewind the buffer and play it forward and backward.

Last edited:
Reactions: zippyfrog
I recorded about 50 minutes of it and was able to play it but I had to hit the replay button after it failed the first try.

Shipwreck Treehouse! Visually interesting. For Animal Planet sponsorship, I am surprised to see only one animal and that's a snake. Birds are heard but not seen. Erupting volcano in the background. :eeek

Another mysterious thing is the total absence of people. I guess ghosts actuated the two buckets, raised and lowered the stairs (which don't reach the ground), and the firing of the canon.

Edited to add: Aha! I saw a tiger meander from behind the tree to some bushes. I also saw a man climb a rope in back.

Last edited:
Shipwreck Treehouse! Visually interesting. For Animal Planet sponsorship, I am surprised to see only one animal and that's a snake. Birds are heard but not seen. Erupting volcano in the background. :eeek

Another mysterious thing is the total absence of people. I guess ghosts actuated the two buckets, raised and lowered the stairs (which don't reach the ground), and the firing of the canon.

Edited to add: Aha! I saw a tiger meander from behind the tree to some bushes. I also saw a man climb a rope in back.
That's Bigfoot climbing the rope. He can also be seen off to the right in the distance walking along.

Snake, tiger, frog, and Bigfoot are all the creatures I've seen. Big bright "S" in lava on the volcano. There's a loud bird every now and then but I haven't caught sight of it. Really interesting (except for the constant wind chime). I recorded about an hour and was able to play it back with no problem so that's fixed (Thank you!).

Reactions: TheKrell and grc
Looking towards next month, it will be an Easter themed Dish Scape. "Hoppy Lane" Dish Scape on 199. "Hop around and spot all the ''Easter Egg'' surprises in this magical garden! Also, check out the Free Bonus DISH scape on Ch. 198." There is no description of what the Bonus Dish scape is though. (maybe 198 has it but I can't see 198 with a VIP211k)

Not a big fan of the new one for April. At least Bigfoot makes an appearance. I think he is the only thing that doesn't vaporize or explode after appearing
Agreed. It is pretty colorful, but with how the eggs appear and disappear, this one feels like a Dish Scape more for young children to be in front of the TV and find the eggs. Outside of the grass cutter, I didn't see anything else change other than the random eggs that show up and the changes associated with them.

Also, 198 is a tulip scene with spring blooming. I don't have a newer receiver so I can't see it in action, but that is what Dish's website says is on 198.

Always trying to avoid data usage because I have other needs for the limited data that my ISP provides that I can afford. At the moment I have some extra data due to having been out of town, and I am using the data to tune in this FREE DISH scape stream channel 198 for the first time. The content is magnificent, nice and relaxing. I might have to rethink my data usage priorities and start using this FREE stream DISH scape channel anyway. DISH scape stream channel 198 seems worth it. Maybe all of DISH scape is. Thank you.

Agreed. It is pretty colorful, but with how the eggs appear and disappear, this one feels like a Dish Scape more for young children to be in front of the TV and find the eggs. Outside of the grass cutter, I didn't see anything else change other than the random eggs that show up and the changes associated with them.
Did you not see and hear Humpty?