Dish sent me a receiver that was not removed from other customers account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eaw7100

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
United States
My Dish 722k died (first 722k). Dish sent me a replacement, but neglected to remove it from other customers account (second 722k). I was able to view their programming (AT120) on the second 722k, but I had no local channels. Receiver was showing a different time zone. When I notified Dish, they told me "we have a department that handles situation like this but it will take longer to have it resolved in that manner than for the replacement receiver to be delivered to you.". So they sent me a third 722k.

Problem is, when I Dish received my first 722k, I still have not received my third 722k. So by Dish's account, I had no active receiver. So they closed down my account. Nevertheless, I was still able to watch television because I was using the second receiver that was never removed from the other customers account.

When I finally received my third 722k, Dish reactivated my service, but I lost all of my new customer discounts.

I have been talking to Dish through the support.dish.com forums through private messaging and they tell me they are "reviewing my account". That was last week. Still have not heard anything back.

Anybody on this forum have any experience with these matters? Will dish eventually reinstate my new customer discounts? Any what's up with Dish that they send me a DVR that they
neglected to remove from another customers account?

Believe or not at my job we got a receiver (Charter Cable) that still was on someone's account. Do you have a name of someone who is looking into it? If not give it a little more time, then contact a Dish CSR from this site and explain it to them. They are highly trained and will get back to you with an answer - either a definitive answer or that at least someone is working on it...

You need to contact a DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) member. Go to the top of this page and click on Forum at the extreme left side. Scroll all the way to the bottom & if they are online they will be in red. Right now it looks like MattG is on. These are Dish employees and they WILL take care of you! They'll need your account # or phone # to find your account info.
Yer welcome!

Ed

My Dish 722k died (first 722k). Dish sent me a replacement, but neglected to remove it from other customers account (second 722k). I was able to view their programming (AT120) on the second 722k, but I had no local channels. Receiver was showing a different time zone. When I notified Dish, they told me "we have a department that handles situation like this but it will take longer to have it resolved in that manner than for the replacement receiver to be delivered to you.". So they sent me a third 722k.

Problem is, when I Dish received my first 722k, I still have not received my third 722k. So by Dish's account, I had no active receiver. So they closed down my account. Nevertheless, I was still able to watch television because I was using the second receiver that was never removed from the other customers account.

When I finally received my third 722k, Dish reactivated my service, but I lost all of my new customer discounts.

I have been talking to Dish through the support.dish.com forums through private messaging and they tell me they are "reviewing my account". That was last week. Still have not heard anything back.

Anybody on this forum have any experience with these matters? Will dish eventually reinstate my new customer discounts? Any what's up with Dish that they send me a DVR that they
neglected to remove from another customers account?

Will you please send me a private message with your phone/account number, and the receiver ID of the replacement you received?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts