Dish Setup Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyoung1982

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
I have a bunch of old primestar dishes and currently have 3 setup as stationary. 1 at 123w, one at 103w, and one at 101w. I am wanting to go to a motorized setup but am having a hard time finding a stab hh120 motor. While I have found a couple of site that sell it, both sites have it over 100 bucks. the thing is for just 150 more Ic ould get a new dish and motor from sadoun thats bigger than the 84E's that I have.

Would it be more worth it to get a stab HH120 motor and try cludging a motorized setup or would it be better to just order a motorized kit form sadoun?

Also would it be more worth it to setup a motrized dish, or since I have lots of old primestar dishes just setting up a dish for each sat I wanted to view?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to reading your replies.

if your looking for something affordable, i scored a dm910 (sg2100) on fleabay for $26.

if your looking for something affordable, i scored a dm910 (sg2100) on fleabay for $26.

yes but I need either a Stab HH120 or a Sadoun PowerTech DG380 as the dish arm will need to point up since the primestar dishes have proprietary mounts. hence my problem.. they are both pretty expensive. and the biggest dish I have is a 84E which is a 1Meter eliptical dish. for 100 more I could get a motorized setup form sadoun that has a 1.2meter dish thats moujntable on a tad cheaper motor and still work. :)

You don't have to buy a motor with the arm that points up-do away with that heavy mount and use most any motor. The dish by itself isn't heavy at all. Fabricate, do a search on 'motorized primestar' should get you lots of ideas. A bunch of us have done this. I'll throw in a couple of pics I've saved for you :

We've answered this question many times, just a few days ago the last time, looking back thru recent threads should turn up the discussion. All you have to do is build a bracket , take a flat board, piece of thin metal, etc to hold the dish to the motor shaft. But you'll have to incorporate a way to adjust the dish's declination, hence the pivot point on each one of those pictures..

Attachments

• DCP_0962.JPG
    DCP_0962.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 115
  • HPIM0467.JPG
    HPIM0467.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)