Dish Smart Card Swap

Oh hall, please !
The theme is for other thread - "Hacking FTA receivers", not for this one "Dish Smart Card Swap".

What is the point of replacing all the smartcards if it is not to stop the hacking of FTA (and Dish receivers for that matter)?

Dish is not unloading a pile of cash to redecorate everyones receiver in the latest purple card fashion.

Obviously Dish thinks that there are a ton of people out there hacking and the new card will help stop it. They are one in the same subject.

Well, this thread for normal customers who have Dish receivers/DVRs.

You should really continue discuss FTA hack in their own thread. So far it looks like some ppl hide a wolf under sheepskin here. :p

Is a ViP622 capable of FTA and/or hacking ? That's all I've got....

Same here. I still have my FTA receiver and love to use it but every since my roof was redone and I took down the fta dish I haven't found the time to get back into it. This does however make my wife very happy... I would drive her nuts constantly scanning satellites and fine tuning my dish.

I put my smart card in last Saturday. Have a VIP 222 with not to many problems with it prior to card. Since new card, have had to do a hard - front pannel reboot almost every day! :mad:

Will see if this continues, hate to have to try to talk to DISH on the phone but might have to. !sadroll

got 3 cards .. was able to get all of them up within 5-10 minutes.. I was shocked and impressed.. :)

Got the two for my 622's last week. Install went smoothly, but kept getting reboots on both machines for about a week. Seems to have settled down now. Never got any error messages or anything.:confused:

I never noticed it but I checked my sysinfo on my 722 and it already has the new card built inside the receiver. I couldn't remember what I had read what the revision was so to verify I swung the 90cm over to 72.5 and hooked it up to the 722. Everything came in just fine.

I never noticed it but I checked my sysinfo on my 722 and it already has the new card built inside the receiver. I couldn't remember what I had read what the revision was so to verify I swung the 90cm over to 72.5 and hooked it up to the 722. Everything came in just fine.

You have a 241. The ones that need the new smart card are the ones with the 206 revision.

Lost HBO/Starz HD after Smart Cart installation

Yesterday AM (10/16) I ordered the HBO / Starz promotion deal. I verified that my 722 received the (HD & SD) programming before I went to work. When I got home, I received the new smart card for my 622 and successfully installed it. BUT the HBO & Starz channels were red (722 was OK). I did a front panel reboot with no success. I called Dish. The tech eventually diagnosed that the new smart card # that I installed did not match their records. He said remove the smart card; the 622 rebooted with the internal card # and HBO and Starz became active. He said don't install the smart card until my receiver displays a message saying it needs it....I guess that I will wait for 2 weeks....:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)