DISH Software Update xx29

Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 31, 2016
San Diego CA
Dish in house tech is coming this afternoon! I could understand it becomes slow for the holidays. I wonder is this new pricing will affect that.
Update: Dish did send out a in house tech. Only been installing a year and never even seen a 40.0 remote before! But he replaced the Hopper in 2 hrs. It did take the new update but that night rolled back to the last one. The nightly update/power cycle still changes a lot of the personalized settings. Right after the install it was acting very slow and even froze up a few times. The next day it was doing much better. During the install we chatted about the Plus he agreed to so many problems and ALL new installs were automatically given the Plus some not even told! I was shocked when he said they had four service calls on Thanksgiving Day! Once he got mine done he was off to try and complete one of those calls trying to give that tech the day off. He said it was volunteered only and $100 bonus plus time and a half. He felt there was more new installs than usual. I am just so tired and need the Plus to settle down soon. TV is my escape!

Reactions: TheKrell and charlesrshell
HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Update: Dish did send out a in house tech. Only been installing a year and never even seen a 40.0 remote before! But he replaced the Hopper in 2 hrs. It did take the new update but that night rolled back to the last one. The nightly update/power cycle still changes a lot of the personalized settings. Right after the install it was acting very slow and even froze up a few times. The next day it was doing much better. During the install we chatted about the Plus he agreed to so many problems and ALL new installs were automatically given the Plus some not even told! I was shocked when he said they had four service calls on Thanksgiving Day! Once he got mine done he was off to try and complete one of those calls trying to give that tech the day off. He said it was volunteered only and $100 bonus plus time and a half. He felt there was more new installs than usual. I am just so tired and need the Plus to settle down soon. TV is my escape!
I used to work on Holidays, occasionally. Customers would always say something like "I can't believe you guys work on Holidays." and I would say something like "I can't believe customers set appointments n holidays..."

• Haha
Reactions: MrDRC, NYDutch, navychop and 2 others
Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 31, 2016
San Diego CA
I used to work on Holidays, occasionally. Customers would always say something like "I can't believe you guys work on Holidays." and I would say something like "I can't believe customers set appointments n holidays..."
I am not Jewish but had a Jewish friend that told me they do not work on a holiday and do not do anything that would make someone else work either. I always liked that idea and followed it!

Reactions: NYDutch, navychop and charlesrshell
HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
I am not Jewish but had a Jewish friend that told me they do not work on a holiday and do not do anything that would make someone else work either. I always liked that idea and followed it!
My last Apt in Buffalo was next to a Synagogue and the store front under my apt was where the Jewish Caterer had his office. He did his cooking in the basement od the Synagogue and a lot of times on Fridays he'd ask me to take the keys out of the door, or turn the ovens, off, etc if it got past 5PM

Reactions: charlesrshell and Josephinelcajon
navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
There’s a name for that position. So they do have others work for them on the Sabbath.

Reactions: NYDutch, charlesrshell and Josephinelcajon
HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
There’s a name for that position. So they do have others work for them on the Sabbath.
I guess. I used to mess with him, like when he needed the ovens turned off, I'd ask, what if I said no? lol

• Haha
Reactions: Josephinelcajon and charlesrshell
N

naptime

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 24, 2010
Alaska
For those of you with an AVR set-up with powered subwoofer, has this latest update boosted the bass considerably, or is it something peculiar to my gear?

Reactions: charlesrshell
jannah

jannah

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 27, 2011
Southeastern U.S.
Does anyone else still have 325 ?
I do and have not tried to update because the last I tried everything froze up. That was for the 325 update. Lightning hit my dish back in August and took out my Hopper 3, Joey and a TV, thats how I got to 325.
Funny thing, I used to get the updates earlier than most users here.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 31, 2016
San Diego CA
I do and have not tried to update because the last I tried everything froze up. That was for the 325 update. Lightning hit my dish back in August and took out my Hopper 3, Joey and a TV, thats how I got to 325.
Most the time I tried forcing a update by tools or power cycling and sending a hit nothing updated. When I did nothing, it finally updated. If you try and it freezes up power cycle it and try try again lol

Russ8594

Russ8594

Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Oregon
I'm still on 325. Everything works fine.

Reactions: jannah
N

naptime

Mar 24, 2010
Alaska
For those of you with an AVR set-up with powered subwoofer, has this latest update boosted the bass considerably, or is it something peculiar to my gear?
Yeah, I should have mentioned I have the Hopper 3.

MrDRC

MrDRC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 29, 2004
Way South via the Northern Lands
I was still on 325 until just now. Is this a new notification window?

EF66161B C7EF 4E52 B905 908B03EC310D

NYDutch

NYDutch

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2013
Where our wheels go
I was still on 325 until just now. Is this a new notification window?

View attachment 159893
That's the standard update display I see when manually forcing a version update. I'd think the same screen would display for the automatic updates. I'm usually asleep when those occur though.

Reactions: jannah, TheKrell, MrDRC and 2 others
HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
That's the standard update display I see when manually forcing a version update. I'd think the same screen would display for the automatic updates. I'm usually asleep when those occur though.
That's it for all Firmware updates

Reactions: MrDRC, charlesrshell and NYDutch
HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Now this is something I’ve never seen before!

The process is taking W A Y longer than any previous update

View attachment 159894
Then you never watched an update because this is what they do every time.
The updates are much longer because of the ATV files

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell, charlesrshell, NYDutch and 2 others
MrDRC

MrDRC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 29, 2004
Way South via the Northern Lands
Guess not LOL

Hadd to believe in 20 years I’ve never seen that but I don’t recall. Or my memory is shot! There’s a good chance of that

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell, charlesrshell, Josephinelcajon and 2 others
Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 31, 2016
San Diego CA
Guess not LOL

Hadd to believe in 20 years I’ve never seen that but I don’t recall. Or my memory is shot! There’s a good chance of that
You're NOT alone!

Reactions: jannah and charlesrshell