DISH Software Update xx29

Dish in house tech is coming this afternoon! I could understand it becomes slow for the holidays. I wonder is this new pricing will affect that.
Update: Dish did send out a in house tech. Only been installing a year and never even seen a 40.0 remote before! But he replaced the Hopper in 2 hrs. It did take the new update but that night rolled back to the last one. The nightly update/power cycle still changes a lot of the personalized settings. Right after the install it was acting very slow and even froze up a few times. The next day it was doing much better. During the install we chatted about the Plus he agreed to so many problems and ALL new installs were automatically given the Plus some not even told! I was shocked when he said they had four service calls on Thanksgiving Day! Once he got mine done he was off to try and complete one of those calls trying to give that tech the day off. He said it was volunteered only and $100 bonus plus time and a half. He felt there was more new installs than usual. I am just so tired and need the Plus to settle down soon. TV is my escape!

Update: Dish did send out a in house tech. Only been installing a year and never even seen a 40.0 remote before! But he replaced the Hopper in 2 hrs. It did take the new update but that night rolled back to the last one. The nightly update/power cycle still changes a lot of the personalized settings. Right after the install it was acting very slow and even froze up a few times. The next day it was doing much better. During the install we chatted about the Plus he agreed to so many problems and ALL new installs were automatically given the Plus some not even told! I was shocked when he said they had four service calls on Thanksgiving Day! Once he got mine done he was off to try and complete one of those calls trying to give that tech the day off. He said it was volunteered only and $100 bonus plus time and a half. He felt there was more new installs than usual. I am just so tired and need the Plus to settle down soon. TV is my escape!
I used to work on Holidays, occasionally. Customers would always say something like "I can't believe you guys work on Holidays." and I would say something like "I can't believe customers set appointments n holidays..."

I used to work on Holidays, occasionally. Customers would always say something like "I can't believe you guys work on Holidays." and I would say something like "I can't believe customers set appointments n holidays..."
I am not Jewish but had a Jewish friend that told me they do not work on a holiday and do not do anything that would make someone else work either. I always liked that idea and followed it!

I am not Jewish but had a Jewish friend that told me they do not work on a holiday and do not do anything that would make someone else work either. I always liked that idea and followed it!
My last Apt in Buffalo was next to a Synagogue and the store front under my apt was where the Jewish Caterer had his office. He did his cooking in the basement od the Synagogue and a lot of times on Fridays he'd ask me to take the keys out of the door, or turn the ovens, off, etc if it got past 5PM

Does anyone else still have 325 ?
I do and have not tried to update because the last I tried everything froze up. That was for the 325 update. Lightning hit my dish back in August and took out my Hopper 3, Joey and a TV, thats how I got to 325.
Funny thing, I used to get the updates earlier than most users here.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
I do and have not tried to update because the last I tried everything froze up. That was for the 325 update. Lightning hit my dish back in August and took out my Hopper 3, Joey and a TV, thats how I got to 325.
Most the time I tried forcing a update by tools or power cycling and sending a hit nothing updated. When I did nothing, it finally updated. If you try and it freezes up power cycle it and try try again lol

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm still on 325. Everything works fine.

Reactions: jannah
I was still on 325 until just now. Is this a new notification window?

EF66161B-C7EF-4E52-B905-908B03EC310D.jpeg

Reactions: charlesrshell