DISH Statement on Stella Passage

it will be a nearby DMA...doesnt have to be in state

In your case, Dothan CBS is the du facto CBS for Panama City. Conversely, Dothan will get NBC from Panama City (since they dont have NBC in Dothan).

The fill in stations will usually follow a couple things
-probably the same as what cable has
-spotbeam maps will be big. Here is an example. Mankato MN gets on cable Minneapolis locals and some from the Austin/Albert Lea/Rochester MN/Mason City IA DMA. The issue is on satellite the spotbeam for that market doenst cover Mankato so on D* we get Mankato CBS (the only station in the market) + the other BIg 4 nets from Minneapolis. Spotbeam covers that area

Our DMA is Albuquerque, NM. and we live in Dolores, CO. Will we be able to get local channels from Grand Junction, CO, if not what about Denver, CO or somewhere in Colorado?

DiSH Network should stay out of the part of Distant Network provision that requires signal level consideration and let All American Direct continue to provide that service. After all, AAD has a significant advantage in that they do not offer Local Channels.
DiSH will have the advantage of providing missing Networks for no additional charge and possibly Significantly Viewed stations.

will dish still have the superstations package the gives us wpix ktla and kwgn and others

Yes----no matter how many people here come up with convoluted logic to convince you they are going away on some date or another.

I get all four networks from the Tampa market. However, I like having the distant nets. Will I still be able to get them from Dish (with waivers from AAD or Dish) or will it be like Directv where I am NOT allowed to get any distants if I have my locals available on satellite?

I get all four networks from the Tampa market. However, I like having the distant nets. Will I still be able to get them from Dish (with waivers from AAD or Dish) or will it be like Directv where I am NOT allowed to get any distants if I have my locals available on satellite?
I guess it would depend on AAD. A few on this board are saying they feel once this passes, AAD will go by the wayside.

You will still get your Tampa locals from Dish, but whether AAD continues to furnish distant signals remains to be seen.

I too have ADD for my CBS feed, right now I have no CBS in my DMA. That's about to change. I will keep AAD for as long as they provide me with a distant CBS, I just renewed for a year. As I mentioned some on the board feel AAD will falter when we are all getting our missing locals from Dish.

Hope this helps

Joe

Wish DISh announcing they are going to carry all 210 DMA's there is no reason for AAD to exist. So DISH can get back their transponders that they are leasing to AAD.

I can see it happening sometime down the line, but not in the imediate future.

Still would like to know if dish has or has not local stations would I be able to have Significantly Viewed stations? Let me explain. Wheeling and Steubenville at this time are not on but June they are suppose to be. They suck but Pittsburgh is a significantly viewed stations. Can I have them instead? And if Dish does not put them on in June can I have Pittsburgh?

Still would like to know if dish has or has not local stations would I be able to have Significantly Viewed stations? Let me explain. Wheeling and Steubenville at this time are not on but June they are suppose to be. They suck but Pittsburgh is a significantly viewed stations. Can I have them instead? And if Dish does not put them on in June can I have Pittsburgh?
You cannot pick and choose which locals that you want (unless you "move"). E* will provide locals based upon your DMA. Under STELA E* would be allowed to offer SV channels. No one knows if E* will actually offer SV or to which markets. The only SV channels E* would be allowed to offer (if I understand correctly) would be from the FCC list.
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/significantvie...ions050310.pdf

Voyager,
Thanks for your answer. So I am stuck with my DMA. If E offers SV then it may be as an add on, for my DMA is first. Also I know about "moving" and how it can fix DMA problems.
Do I got it? Thanks again!

You cannot pick and choose which locals that you want (unless you "move"). E* will provide locals based upon your DMA. Under STELA E* would be allowed to offer SV channels. No one knows if E* will actually offer SV or to which markets. The only SV channels E* would be allowed to offer (if I understand correctly) would be from the FCC list.
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/significantvie...ions050310.pdf

I wonder if I understand what you are saying. Right now Dolores, Co shows Albuquerque, NM as our SV. Under STELA I will be able to pick Grand Junction, Co stations because they do appear on the SV for Delta, CO.

43% FOR and 57% are AGAINST the bill. But the bill has passed and soon be signed by the President. Acording to WashingtonWatch.com - S. 3333, The Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act of 2010

I don't know what to say about the way things turned out. The STELA bill is like losing a custody battle of your children from a divorced parent.

I just chose "For" the bill and it went to 50/50, so not many "people" voted for it on the site.... who cares what people think, Obama will sign it and that's all I care about.

I wonder if I understand what you are saying. Right now Dolores, Co shows Albuquerque, NM as our SV. Under STELA I will be able to pick Grand Junction, Co stations because they do appear on the SV for Delta, CO.
As I said before, you cannot pick and choose. Any SV channels offered by E* will be based on your DMA. Your DMA is based on your service address. If your service address is Dolores, CO then E* would probably be limited to offering the Albuquerque channels. SV is primarily for overlapping markets. STELA will allow E* to import networks to markets that are missing them. If you only have ABC and CBS in your market, E* would be able to import NBC and FOX to fill out the majors. In overlapping markets, such as Baltimore and DC, E* may offer the SV channels to both markets. I believe that the FCC lists will determine which SV channels could be offered to your market. Much of this will also be determined by spotbeams. E* would only be able to offer SV channels on a spotbeam that you receive.

As I said before, you cannot pick and choose. Any SV channels offered by E* will be based on your DMA. Your DMA is based on your service address. If your service address is Dolores, CO then E* would probably be limited to offering the Albuquerque channels. SV is primarily for overlapping markets. STELA will allow E* to import networks to markets that are missing them. If you only have ABC and CBS in your market, E* would be able to import NBC and FOX to fill out the majors. In overlapping markets, such as Baltimore and DC, E* may offer the SV channels to both markets. I believe that the FCC lists will determine which SV channels could be offered to your market. Much of this will also be determined by spotbeams. E* would only be able to offer SV channels on a spotbeam that you receive.

Well I know my Senator's and Congressmen are working on getting rid of the DMA for the SouthWest. It makes no sense for us to have to listening to Albuquerque politics and advertisements. We never go to Albuquerque to shop.

I live in Dothan, AL where we have no NBC local. The nearest NBC is Panama City (55mi away) or Montgomery (62mi away). Our home is in a neighborhood that used to by a pine tree grove so we have 3 story pine trees on 3 sides. Forget setting up an antenna. Haven't seen an NBC show since the distants were shutoff years ago. Requested waivers and of course they were denied (hard to believe). Both NBC stations are broadcast by DN and hit my antenna (spotbeam) but are stopped by the smartcard. I sure hope the new STELA allows D to give me the Panama City NBC (which is listed on the FCC list as SV in Dothan).

I live in Dothan, AL where we have no NBC local. The nearest NBC is Panama City (55mi away) or Montgomery (62mi away). Our home is in a neighborhood that used to by a pine tree grove so we have 3 story pine trees on 3 sides. Forget setting up an antenna. Haven't seen an NBC show since the distants were shutoff years ago. Requested waivers and of course they were denied (hard to believe). Both NBC stations are broadcast by DN and hit my antenna (spotbeam) but are stopped by the smartcard. I sure hope the new STELA allows D to give me the Panama City NBC (which is listed on the FCC list as SV in Dothan).
I live in the Panama City DMA. I can't get CBS from Dothan.

I asked this question awhile back, the folks on here said I would be getting Dothan as my CBS. So therefore I will say that you will receive NBC from Panama City.

The only difference is that NBC from Panama City is in HD. The Dothan CBS I'll be getting is in SD. Dish only broadcasts WTVY in SD. Maybe at some point they will broadcast in HD.

I got my answer from Iceberg on this board.

"In your case, Dothan CBS is the du facto CBS for Panama City. Conversely, Dothan will get NBC from Panama City (since they dont have NBC in Dothan)."

I hope this helps.

Joe

I live in Dothan, AL where we have no NBC local. The nearest NBC is Panama City (55mi away) or Montgomery (62mi away). I sure hope the new STELA allows D to give me the Panama City NBC (which is listed on the FCC list as SV in Dothan).

looks like Joecap was listening ;) He is in the same DMA but the opposite side

I live in the Panama City DMA. I can't get CBS from Dothan.

I got my answer from Iceberg on this board.

"In your case, Dothan CBS is the du facto CBS for Panama City. Conversely, Dothan will get NBC from Panama City (since they dont have NBC in Dothan)."

I hope this helps.

Joe

so yes you **should** get NBC from PC...both stations are owned by the same company

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)