Dish Tech contact - OTA EPG

Ray_Clum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
Does anyone have a technical contact that could help address missing channel data in the OTA EPG for Indianapolis? I’m not at home right now, so I can’t post pics, but there are upper level channels (8.1, 23.1, etc) and digital sub-channels that are missing data.

Are those Tegna stations by chance? I googled NBC Indianapolis, and got WTHR, a Tegna owned station. If that’s what you’re missing then you are out of luck, Tegna and Dish are currently under a contract dispute (yet again) and that means no programming for people that get the channel over satellite and no OTA data for people with an antenna. It’s the same for me with Houston CBS KHOU 11.1, which I get over OTA but lost the guide data. Even if you get a contact they won’t be able to help because they don’t have permission to provide the guide data, despite coming from a third party.

I still have Tegna station NBC OTA channel 005-01 guide data in the St Louis area. Satellite local channel 5 guide says removed NBC.

I have also seen other people have OTA data despite the dispute, and the same amount have it missing, so I guess it varies depending on the market. What is interesting is that James Long's listing shows no OTA info for both Charlotte and St Louis, and you are still getting it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have also seen other people have OTA data despite the dispute, and the same amount have it missing, so I guess it varies depending on the market. What is interesting is that James Long's listing shows no OTA info for both Charlotte and St Louis, and you are still getting it.
No telling what is happening. I even went out 9 days in the guide and channel 005-01 guide data is loaded.

Reactions: ethanlerma
Well, the plot thickens. The first two days of the dispute I did not have KHOU guide information, and now its there. So at some point it was either added or downloaded on a nightly update? Weird.

Are those Tegna stations by chance? I googled NBC Indianapolis, and got WTHR, a Tegna owned station. If that’s what you’re missing then you are out of luck, Tegna and Dish are currently under a contract dispute (yet again) and that means no programming for people that get the channel over satellite and no OTA data for people with an antenna. It’s the same for me with Houston CBS KHOU 11.1, which I get over OTA but lost the guide data. Even if you get a contact they won’t be able to help because they don’t have permission to provide the guide data, despite coming from a third party.
It isn't a tegna problem. I have lost 2 local tegna stations and one has the ota guide info and the other doesn't.

Reactions: charlesrshell
OTA Guide data has been broken since last November for me, the Tegna station they have WWL no guide data,and they own WUPL it has guide data, the nbc has guide data the Fox and ABC does not,their sub channels have guide data, the main channel just says like the channel name,I really thought a software fix would fix this,this is not a just me issue,my mom has a hopper 3 also in the same market and the same issue,it is a New Orleans DMA area issue,but I do not know who to contact with Dish to look into this.