Dish to Drop Weather Channel?

Or at least be able to buy a Dish DVR and no longer have fees...
If you would be willing to pay a "lifetime" fee up front, that could happen. I don't want to own anymore and I certainly don't want to put myself in a situation where I've paid $500 for DVR service with a service that I might not be with in a year or two or a box that I might want to replace.

No, I don't put much value on resale of consumer electronics. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't want to mess with it.

The term comes from Mrs Malaprop, who was incessantly trying to impress everybody with her vocabulary, and did precisely the opposite.

Reactions: TNGTony
I was extremely upset when there was some severe weather ongoing and rather than cover it they ran some idiot "reality" show all night, one after another.
When this is their policy during life threatening events they have become useless as a weather channel.

Are you saying WN is still a maybe on DISH after all this time? Granted it's not confirmed because it's not on air yet.

If we all want this to end, then DISH should finish the job. I'll agree it's a little tiring to go week after week and not see WN when we first got this rumor/news in mid March, and asking the same question.
Had to mess with Allen a bit ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: bluegras
If you would be willing to pay a "lifetime" fee up front, that could happen. I don't want to own anymore and I certainly don't want to put myself in a situation where I've paid $500 for DVR service with a service that I might not be with in a year or two or a box that I might want to replace.

No, I don't put much value on resale of consumer electronics. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't want to mess with it.

The real reason the fees exist is to move profits below the line where they are not in the advertised price. The only reason it works with TiVo is that the FCC has mandated that cable card be made to work on cable systems.

Reactions: TheKrell
If they gave option to purchase lifetime DVR like they did in the past (did they continue to honor that for anybody?) then maybe they will attract more long-term customers that would lose that benefit if they were to switch providers. I know how the free DVR for life went. I am almost out of credits on the account for that one as they said that would end.

Anyways, I got off topic. I believe DIrectv got both Weather Nation and The Weather Channel now, correct? I would love to see Weather Nation on Dish as well but use an app most of the time to get my weather along with facebook but will watch the local channels for severe weather.

I'm just thinking about the lifetime DVR fee. I can't see them doing anything like that after stopping annual billing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)