Dish to Drop Weather Channel?

The real reason the fees exist is to move profits below the line where they are not in the advertised price. The only reason it works with TiVo is that the FCC has mandated that cable card be made to work on cable systems.
The tightrope here is that CableCARD is just about done and you have to be willing to take the chance that it will outlast your lifetime subscription.

The tightrope here is that CableCARD is just about done and you have to be willing to take the chance that it will outlast your lifetime subscription.

Actually all my TiVos are OTA capable Romeos and I will simply go OTA/OTT if cable card goes away. Of course then they will want to get rid of OTA next... Ironically as part of my cable bundle I am forced to have a DVR and pay a monthly DVR fee... I have it unplugged and stored on a shelf... The math works out that I save $60/month with the bundle but have to give $12/month back for the DVR fee... If I do not keep the DVR (I did try to return it) I do not get to have a bundle and have to pay a la carte for everything...

Actually all my TiVos are OTA capable Romeos and I will simply go OTA/OTT if cable card goes away.
I hear a lot of recommendation about picking up new and old TiVos with lifetime service but it rarely gets mentioned that they might not be OTA capable. The majority of TiVos in the wild aren't OTA capable.

Reactions: Tampa8
I hear a lot of recommendation about picking up new and old TiVos with lifetime service but it rarely gets mentioned that they might not be OTA capable. The majority of TiVos in the wild aren't OTA capable.
I believe up until the Roamio all TiVo were OTA compatible and the base model of the Roamio is OTA compatible. With the series 3 Tivo satellite compatability was dropped.

Weather nation is available for streaming on Roku and many other streaming devices as well as on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlike many other channels available in other ways where I would be watching something for awhile, most times I just want to change the channel, see the weather, and move on. It isn't conducive to change inputs, start the app on my Roku and see the weather, then stop the app, change the input. If The Weather Channel was more reliable about showing actual weather this wouldn't be an issue. As it is, I would like WeatherNation added for a quick way to see the weather between other shows.

I have to highly doubt the dropping of TWC...TWC and Dish both worked really hard on those Locals in the spotbeams. It took over a Year after they signed on a renewal to get those actual local weather spotbeams running. Im sure they will come to terms. They both worked hard to make that happen and for what only 2-3 years?? Doubtful.

i really hope they keep both i would like have more choices with your watch your weather you never know they might accuweather HD next to our lineup.you never know when it will happen.thanks :)

I gave up on the weather chanel a long time ago. That clown of a weather man freaking out about thunder snow is just an example of how they over hype the stupidest things. Their attempt to now name blizzards, just to sound relevant is another joke. Comcast needs to fix this issue and soon. They should have learned after Dish dropped CSN New England, that their attempts to just slap random programming on their channels as filler content would come back to bit them in the butt.

I believe up until the Roamio all TiVo were OTA compatible and the base model of the Roamio is OTA compatible.
Only the two-tuner versions of the Premiere and Premiere XL were ATSC capable. The Premiere4 and Premiere XL4 four-tuner models were not.

I gave up on the weather chanel a long time ago. That clown of a weather man freaking out about thunder snow is just an example of how they over hype the stupidest things. Their attempt to now name blizzards, just to sound relevant is another joke. Comcast needs to fix this issue and soon. They should have learned after Dish dropped CSN New England, that their attempts to just slap random programming on their channels as filler content would come back to bit them in the butt.
I think the fact thet Thunder Snow is a rarething, I think that's why Cantore gets excited.

As for TWC naming winter storms? If TWC needs to do that in order to get cleared for extra coverage, then so be it. We all know what TWC is like on nights and weekends when its sunny all over the nation. That's why we channels like WN and Accuweather.
Believe or not, TWC is not the first station I know of that has names for winther storms. The FOX station in Green Bay WI does name the storms. They have different names than TWC. I'm not positive but I don't think they come up with the names.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts