Dish to expand HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Umm.. I know the difference between national and local programming. i've seen local programming in HD. I've seen news programming in HD. I've also seen local programming NOT shot in HD. One day they WILL ALL be in HD. To do this they will need to purchase new equipment. Those cameras and "technology" cost $$. I'm just saying in this case, some stations are probably trying to recoup/fund costs when they negotiate new contracts.

I think it's more likely they just want money period and whether they'll use it for HD production hardware or not is irrelevant.. :) Those dollars fold into a wallet just as well as they spend for HD production gear.

If it weren't for the locals requirement, this would be a non-issue. I'd rather go back to the USSB days when they just had network feeds and avoided all this nonsense. Unfortunately, people whined, etc.

That assumes that most of us live in places that have HD we can receive. Better yet, you assume that if we can receive, everything is in HD.

While yes, I do get NBC, CBS, FOX, PBS, ABC, CW over the air into my Dish box...... PBS's signal isn't strong enough to actually lock onto, and FOX and CW are SD subchannels (FOX on ABC's subchannel in SD, and CW on CBS's subchannel in SD).

This means that - I don't get FOX (the majority of sports on TV) in High Def with an antenna in the 2nd largest media market in the state.

Also, I view locals as a misuse of satellite bandwidth. I think many of us take locals because we have no choice, but a lot of us would prefer (or would be indifferent) if we received raw network feeds (or even major market feeds) instead. Unfortunately the NAB has put us into this situation where we MUST have our locals over the sat or none at all.

yall do know that you can hook up a antenna to the back of your hd rcvr to get you over-the-air localsin hd, based on signal strength.

yes that is true, but for me I want Satellite Locals in HD as I can onlu record one HD program right now, if I had satellite HD I would be able to record 3 at a time (2 sat, one OTA)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts