Dish to start upgrading HD customers to MPEG4

I got a free upgrade and installation to a 722 no lease fee. and kept my 921 although not good for anything other than using the HD in a computer.

I got a free upgrade and installation to a 722 no lease fee. and kept my 921 although not good for anything other than using the HD in a computer.

are you sure about the no lease fee? double check that. happy for you though!

I got the call on Friday afternoon. They are swapping my two 811's for two 211's.

I inquired about getting a 622/722, but since I upgraded to one exactly one year ago I was not eligible.

They are shipping them out without a tech.

I was also told I would be getting a 622. I ask how much more to upgrade to a 722 and was told $150.00 The installer said he hasn't installed a 622 in 6 months, and got a 722 for free. I had 2 622's already and was told I could not lease more than 4 recievers. So that was the reason for no lease fee on the 3rd

Last edited:

I swapped my 811 for a 211.The 811 didn't have a second receiver fee and the 211 also doesn't have either a lease fee or second receiver fee.:confused:
I owened the 811 and lease a 622. I was charged $239.00 and then credited $239.00 and was wondering if the 211 is a lease.

The 211 is a lease and one of your two leased receiver's lease fee is covered under your basic programming package. Your second leased HD receiver should incur the lease fee. Check the current activity on your billing account.

The 211 is a lease and one of your two leased receiver's lease fee is covered under your basic programming package. Your second leased HD receiver should incur the lease fee. Check the current activity on your billing account.

The 622 has a lease fee. Shouldn't the 211 have a second receiver fee?

I just spent an half hour with customer no-service, got the same no lease fee, just
a 2nd receiver fee story. When I said ok I was transfered to a different rep. who
had no idea why I was calling. After explaining the deal he decided that not
only would they replace my 921 but also my 721, since the 721 is MPEG2 only
and won't work in August :). After discussing this news and checking with someone 3 or 4 times he wouldn' t budge.
When I asked why my 508 wasn't
included he was stumped, and I politely declined the offer for now. Let's see
what happens on my next try :).

Called back this morning, got a very nice young lady who signed me up, no issues.
No lease fee, installation July 14 :).

"he decided that not only would they replace my 921 but also my 721, since the 721 is MPEG2 only and won't work in August . "

Sounds like a good deal to me. I'd take a ViP722 for my 721, and even start paying the DVR fee. If he's going to do that, thinking the 721 won't work after August, fine. Not my role to educate him. Although I have this nasty ethical streak that sometimes puts my mouth in motion before my wallet can hit the over-ride.

"he decided that not only would they replace my 921 but also my 721, since the 721 is MPEG2 only and won't work in August . "

Sounds like a good deal to me. I'd take a ViP722 for my 721, and even start paying the DVR fee. If he's going to do that, thinking the 721 won't work after August, fine. Not my role to educate him. Although I have this nasty ethical streak that sometimes puts my mouth in motion before my wallet can hit the over-ride.

Oh, I would have jumped on that, except he offered a 625 for the 721.

After explaining the deal he decided that not
only would they replace my 921 but also my 721, since the 721 is MPEG2 only
and won't work in August :).

the 721 will work after August....its JUST the MPEG2 HD Boxes that won't on HD after August. They'll still work on SD

What if you don't have HD on that box (811, 921, 942, 6000)...do they still upgrade it?

the 721 will work after August....its JUST the MPEG2 HD Boxes that won't on HD after August. They'll still work on SD

What if you don't have HD on that box (811, 921, 942, 6000)...do they still upgrade it?

I've got a 942 with no HD plan and just got the call to replace it at no cost so it looks like you don't have to have an active HD plan to qualify.

Oh, I would have jumped on that, except he offered a 625 for the 721.

Not a deal I'd be interested in. When and if I upgrade, it'll be to an HD box. But maybe I'll end up dropping down to one receiver from 3.

not neccessarily....ive handled a couple different of these jobs and some of them came with the commitment and others did not....more did not then those that did. Im willing to bet if you wait till they call you it will be a sure fire free thing....or if you call up and tell them that you know all about the MPEG4 switch and would like your box changed out then they will do it free too....if not, threaten to cancel service and they will transfer you to winback which will do pretty much anything cept make you waffles in the morning (I was disappointed) to keep you as a customer.